Skip to content

Discuss This MCN video guide: How to back it in First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MCN video guide: How to back it in

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN video guide: How to back it in

Backing a motorcycle in is probably one of the hardest things to do on a motorcycle, yet racers do it all the time. So just how is it done? In this latest MCN video guide, senior road tester Michael Neeves talks you through his method to backing it in. Our onboard cameras give you a new look at how it's done, as Neeves...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 January 2011 18:10)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petebellst

Feb 11

petebellst says:

Backing in

An all time low for MCN I don't suppose you will be there to pick up the poor buggerss off the road and help pay for next years insurance and where do they practice this stunning manoeuvre Tesco's car park? the end of my road? the A40?.

Reply to this Topic
Mr. Luck

Jan 08

Mr. Luck says:

These Videos..

I keep watching these videos and i keep reading the comments afterwards, now by no means do i think im a fantastic rider and im 100% sure most of these guys are far better then me, but i'd love MCN to pick a few of these members, stick em on a track against the Journalist's and just see who's got the stone's where it counts on lap times, wheelies, backing in, knee down, trailing, etc..... Pro:Am Challenge Top Gear Style, without the doddery old public schoolboys, although James May and Hammond ride so as a spin off invite them down and challenge them, although im sure they haven't got the spheres to go against MCN.....

Reply to this Topic
rockbob

Feb 06

rockbob says:

Backing It In !!!

Overall I enjoy MCN but this borders on the effin!! stupid, as bikers we are often treated by the Police and the Public as a nuisance, while all we want is to enjoy our chosen hobby safely and have some fun. So what a great idea MCN show people how to slide into a corner, with the lets face it chance of making a complete mess of it come off wreck your pride and joy, hurt yourself or others or worse!!! The idea of a video to help improve your skills is a brilliant idea if it helps you become a safer rider. May I suggest a lesson in emergency breaking in a corner (we have all had that bottom clenching moment I am sure!!) Come on MCN engage brains Please. Bob

Reply to this Topic
3way

Feb 11

3way says:

Pack it in!

Really MCN, I am surprised at this video. You're plumbing the depths here my friends. It's an outrageous and irresponsible piece of journalism.

As someone else said it's always good to get useful tips on safer riding and this is simply unnecessary. What are you trying to do, attract the brain dead half-wits that watch Top Gear?

Reply to this Topic
Ducky18

Jun 09

Ducky18 says:

Old farts

Thanks MCN ,

You are all just old farts,only Jealous cos you cant do it !!!

People are able to make up their own minds on what they try ! im sure every one who writes a negative comment needs a change of underware when the back end hits a stone so my answer is dont try it !

lip

Reply to this Topic
Ducky18

Jun 09

Ducky18 says:

ktm

Further down the comments i see a ktm is mentioned as the bike to buy !

I would not recommend this purchase as it will probably break down ! :)

Reply to this Topic
Priddle

Mar 10

Priddle says:

Moaners

well said ducky,

ive never heard so many people dribble on as if MCN has done something wrong..go and do something productive like trim your bierds..... if you dont like what you see, dont try it.

Reply to this Topic
trickyd400

Jul 04

trickyd400 says:

OK, turning in?

So far so good, when do we get part 2. Turning in? Which is the whole point, so you can take a tighter line surely?

Reply to this Topic
rockbob

Feb 06

rockbob says:

Moaners and old farts!!!!

Just like to reply to Priddle & Ducky18 First of all I don't have a beard (Or a Harley! and at 52 I don't consider myself old) I respect your opinions and if you want to try it good luck if you want my advice go do a track day and learn how to ride better and smoother and its far safer, its brilliant fun and makes you a far better rider on the road, I have done over 20 track days started in the (shit your pants class) and now go out in the intermediates/experts class, I have my own track bike ZX6R and its the best buzz you can get. the point myself and others were putting across was that MCN champions the rights of Bikers against authority and then shoots itself in the arse by publishing advice like "Backing it In" ride safe Bob

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

Quick question

ive sign up for fantasy road race 2011 set my team up etc... but i want to join a league so if anyone has started a league could i have the league pin im purely doing it for fun.

i understand the seasons are not started yet.

thanks

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices