Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN February 2: ZX-10R takes on rivals General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN February 2: ZX-10R takes on rivals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN February 2: ZX-10R takes on rivals

In this week's issue of MCN, on sale February 2, we test the 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R against the BMW S1000RR, Yamaha R1, Honda Fireblade and Suzuki GSX-R1000 on road and track. Also in this week's MCN, top tips for getting a cheap Ducati, the new KTM SMT with ABS tested, and all the news from the WSB test at Portimao.   Subscribe to MCN What you'll find in the February...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 February 2011 10:59)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
djhartm

Feb 11

djhartm says:

What a bunch of tools

Crying that the new ZX-10R placed where it did in the comparo. Grow the f*&k up. For the few intelligent enough to actually follow the few reviews from competent sources that are out on this bike, MCN's review is pretty much to be expected.

Reply to this Topic
hazzazx10r

Sep 10

hazzazx10r says:

Am I Bothered ? nah !

Its simple really, you either like it or not, buy one or not, but hey thats why there is a choice. I won't be embarrased riding mine when it arrives and I couldn't give a shite what MCN say,  its what I think and shame if the day arrives when I buy a bike or not based on what one review says.

Reply to this Topic
boybergs

Mar 10

boybergs says:

Interesting argument highlighting the complexity of assessing what is meant by 'best'. Is a Porsche 911 worth three times the price of a Mazda mx6?...probably not..but its still the better car. As with most technological developments, there's usually a law of diminishing returns regarding cost over what you're getting for the extra outlay. I don't race litre bikes so I can't add an objective imput to the specifics of the discussion. But it does highlight the difficulty in determining what criteria we view as important when assessing the pecking order. At the end of the day, I'll stick with the views of the guys that ride the greatest number of different bikes as they are the ones with the hands on knowledge.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

So which one is the best (most useable) ROAD bike? Or do i just buy a W800..?

Reply to this Topic
paul mcconnell

Aug 02

ZX10 v BMW

Read this review, might as well be a different bike they are testing http://www.aussiestreetbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13480

Reply to this Topic
valentinoGOD

Jun 10

valentinoGOD says:

test?

Hi neevesy,

In the test do you do the best lap on all bikes? or do you let everyone else do there best lap and then print that?

also my stepdad has a 2008 zx-10r and he said he'd have that over the 2011 bike also its on forum if you want to have a look on rate my bike and then put in replica :)

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Lap times

Hi valentinoGod. Our German chum Robert Gluck from PS magazine did all the lap times for this test. From a pure logistics point of view having all five riders doing times, would mean putting five sets of fresh tyres on the bikes. The best of a tyre on-track when you’re trying to turn-in fast consistent laps only lasts for ten laps or so. Robert is chief tester for his magazine and very fast. Lap times didn’t affect the result of the test, the ZX-10R struggled so badly because of its lack of grunt. We’ve performance tested them and dyno’d them all now, you’ll see the results in MCN this week. You’ll be shocked at how little power the ZX-10R makes all the way through the revs, except right at the top, compared to its rivals…

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

let me tell u

ive test rode all the above last year im going to try new kwak 10r this month, however i got to comment i test rode the s1000rr sport at oxford garrage GEEEEEEEEEZUS. it was a f**king mazing 155 on the back wheal in 3rd brakes were lush it felt like id put a tight laytex glove on,and was now asking blades, r1s gixers to bend over i will be buying a new 1 litre sports bike at the mo its looking like the beemer so lets hope the qwak can boogie.

regards gunga.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices