Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow satisfied with 16th in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow satisfied with 16th in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow satisfied with 16th in Sepang

Cal Crutchlow made a steady rather than spectacular start to the 2011 winter testing campaign in Malaysia earlier today, the British rider ending the opening day with the 16th best time.Today's test gave the former World Supersport champion his first opportunity to gauge strength in the left shoulder he only had major surgery on seven weeks ago.Crutchlow suffered the same...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 February 2011 14:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

you're a piece of work RobTZZ

Do you think I've forgotten about you? You're the one who ran your f'king yap all last year about how Spies isn't this and he isn't that, he'll never be a frontrunner, I won't congratulate him until he beats the top 4 (even though he was a rookie on a satellite bike getting podiums when no other satellite rider got even 1), he's not "Top Flight", he's "marginally" better than JT, Haslam would do better on the Tech 3 than Ben blah, blah, blah Do you not remember posting "Cal, The Nation is behind you. don't look to Spies, look beyond to do better in your Rookie Year and win in 2012 for Britain." AND NOW you going to sit here and write "I for one was somewhat concerned that Cal was not ready for Moto GP". What?! Are you bailing on Cal already? So are you going to crush Cal all year like you did Spies last year?

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

cal doing ok

im scott redding uncle and i well tell u what goes on in the motogp . when ben speeds came to motogp in 2010 factory yamaha told him he would get factory backin  in tech 3 .so don.t knock cal crutchlows and give him a chance he will be in the points about 11th position for most races and maybe top seven now and again he won.t have factory backing so is job well be very hard this season

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

eddl

I think you're right, lots of other people come into the Blue Riband class and slot in further up the rankings straight away. They all have to acclimatise, test at tracks that they haven't seen (on a MotoGP bike) before and generally do better than 16th. The injury line works but probably not for little Dani eh? I'm sure his shoulder is painful Elbowz.

People often confuse realism as a lack of patriotism. Personally my tints have all the colours of the spectrum in and not just red, white and blue.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

OH dear touched a nerve? i have raced and and do understand the task in front of cal BUT for fuck sake take off the rose tinted or should that be union jack tinted classes, and take a look at history barry sheene last british winner of a top class gp yep BARRY SHEENE, i reckon most of you lot dont remember that far back, and that's my point, many have come and failed do you remember stalker out there and leon on shell backed nsr's? shakey? mcwilliams/ hodgson oh i cant be arsed to list them all, is cal our next winner? with the current competition, err i dont think so

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

PS

is cal the best we can offer at the moment? my humble opinion is he didnt do enough to warrant the ride

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

PPS

STICK REDDING ON IT

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

@ eddl

Stick an 18 yr old with no experience of anything greater than a detuned 600 motor on a 200mph+ MotoGP bike? Really? 

I'm a huge fan of Scott's but that would be waaay too soon. Let him develop his racecraft and pick up more experience first. Cal at least is a World Champ on a 600, Scott has yet to win a race on one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

He'll do fine

It's not the known as pinnacle of motorcycle roadracing because it's simple to be on the pace.  Give the guy a break!  He'll have learned a great deal in this test that he will apply in the next test.  But this kind of nonsense discussion occurs every single year in the pre-season. 

In fact, the only rider to move to a new bike and excel is Casey.  But i figure if you are fast on the Duc, you will be super fast on anything else. 

Lord Rossi and Hayden are slower than Barbera currently.  Will that continue to be the case?  of course not.  Their bike is dramatically different than it was a couple months ago and they have to get used to it too.  Cal will continue to take it step by step and I'm sure he'll give you Brits something to smile about shortly. 

As a Spies/Hayden fan, I have very high hopes for this season, no matter what the test times are.  This is why they test, after all.  Stick around, boys

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Sorry dad

I've grabbed eddl and we're off to the naughty step together to plot your downfall whilst muttering evil things under our collective breath. Yeah but no but yeah though I still agree with eddl because stacey finch, who's a slag, said she went to Londis to buy some Bennies and Daryl Powell was there and he said he'd seen Cal kissing Shonaya Tufty who used to go out with Daryl but he dumped her after he fingered her and said that her monkey smelt like kippers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices