Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi struggles with shoulder in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi struggles with shoulder in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi struggles with shoulder in Sepang

Valentino Rossi admitted that his on-going right shoulder injury is still a major problem as the Italian slumped to a lowly 12th place on the timesheets as MotoGP winter testing resumed at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia today.The 31-year was restricted to just 30 uncomfortable laps as his shoulder remains severely weakened by a mid-November operation to repair serious ligament...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 February 2011 15:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Simoncelli..

I think if Simoncelli gets a sniff of the front runners and is able to bash fairings as he likes to do then i think that the likes of Lorenzo and Stoner will come off second best this season as they just dont like close, aggressive hard racing!!! There will be a lot of whining this year from the "softer" rider's as there are a lot of aggressive riders in the paddocks that are not scared to mix it up and force their way to the front!!!

In short, If Simoncelli can get near the front runners then i think he has got a very good chance of winning!! I rate him, he is quality and i would love to see him do really well!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's nonsense Minty

Racers love racing. Winning is cool always, but doing it by coming out of top of a dog fight feels so much better. To say Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa don't enjoy hard racing is specious bollocks stirred up by News of the World type commentators and perpetrated by ignorant couch potatoes. These guys are all rock hard! 

Simoncelli needs to watch himself though because he steps over this line too often, using his fellow competitors as berms. Race direction will not let him get away with that behaviour in MotoGP if he pulls any of these stunts on the top boys. It may not be ballet dancing as Biaggi once quipped but there are still rules and safety standards to adhered to. I would've gone off my nut at Simoncelli if I was Aoyama last year. 

I wouldn't be surprises to see Simoncelli podium this year, but nor would I be surprised to see him black flagged!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I think you know what i am saying Nostro!!!

But i think you are just up for an argument!

I am not saying they dont all think that coming out on top of a dog fight feels much better, but it is when they dont  that you hear all the moaning and complaining..... Also, the more aggressive rider likes a good fight and will generally provail which is my point!. I know they are all "rock hard" but some riders like aggressive riding and other "softer" riders dont!!! I am also not a couch spud and i do not get my info from "news of the world like commentators" I made these judgements on what i have seen with me own eyes! we all saw and heard Stoners reaction to hard, close racing yes? we all saw heard Lorenzo's reaction to Rossi after he roughed him up yes? we all saw Lorenzo have a little fit after Simoncelli quite rightly stood his ground in a corner and Lorenzo failed to stuff it up the inside when he nearly stacked it yes? We all know that Pedrosa is not the most aggressive yes? That is my point fella, If Simoncelli can take advantage of this then he has got an edge over them... saying that, he has to catch them first and i hope he does.... it will give us some entertaining races!!

Peace out!

Reply to this Topic
ifbutsandmaybes

Feb 11

Totally agree with Minty. Moto gp needs Simoncelli and others like him to liven the whole thing up and break the almost boring predictability of it all. Pedrosa, Lorenzo and particularly Stoner hate to be roughed up. I hope Rossi is just of the pace (I suspect he will not be!!) He will then need to get stuck in to win just like he did at Laguna and how we all enjoyed that. How great it would be for Cal to get close to the pace, don’t think he would cut the prima donnas’ any slack and how we would applauded that. Nostros, are you some sort of Steward or clerk that wants a sterile race environment??

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hmmmmm

I think the preferred M.O for any racer is to bolt, quickly get into a fast rhythm and then disappear far enough up the track to not have to worry what's going down behind. It's certainly preferable to swapping the lead 2 or 3 times a lap for 30 laps which starts to factor in "uncontrollable" aspects and leads to mistakes. Us couch spuds like to watch scrapping and close racing but then we would as it's way more exciting a spectacle.

Simoncelli appears to have matured but as I've said elsewhere he still has a ? hanging over his kinky afro. He now has the bike so let's see what he does with it. I agree Nostro re: black flags and perhaps he'll need the reality check to fully learn. And I agree Minty re: some like it hot and some like it easy.

As we all know you need a full quiver at all times at this level

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Granted Minty

Lorenzo was the hot headed one on Simoncelli (note how the big boy wasn't budged by the nudge!) and Lorenzo also chose to engage Rossi. Good hard racing between the Fiat boys - naught to complain about, foolish of Lorenzo to say there was. That was a battle of ego's as much as anything with Lorenzo trying to assert himself - prematurely! 

But christ, Stoner gives Rossi a serve after Laguna 2008 (with some justification) and even though he later calmed down over the incident the Rossi fanboys don't let that one go and continue to troll the incident out regularly as an 'example' of Stoners supposed continual 'moaning'. Pathetic. 

Yes Jamie M.O always simply to flock off into the distance.

Windy named fella. Been racing on and off for the best part of 20 years. I know what I'm talking about. Only ever waved flags at club meets when injured.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

The Patient

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Fanboys + 2008

Of course people will keep bringing it up as Stoner acted Like a bitch, He would have been all teeth if had got the better of Rossi in the exchange!! This isn't just brought up by "Rossi Fan-boys" it is brought up by everybody including Stoner fans as it showed him up in a really bad light! The same has happened to Lorenzo as he has ran his mouth moaning about hard racing.... I would also get pissed off and lose respect if i heard Rossi moaning about somebody putting a hard pass on him... He could have done just that when Stoner jammed it up the inside on the last corner on Rossi's return whith a crook leg... remember?? But Rossi didnt moan as "that is racing"

Just coz we mention these things does not put us all in the blind "Rossi fan-boy" box fella! I still think Stoner and Lorenzo are amazing riders and i would hate not having them racing but i just don't like it when racers moan about coming off second best! They should suck it up and shake the better racer of that day by the hand then do their best to fuck em up in the next race!!! Simples!!!

I still love you though Nostro!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices