Skip to content

Discuss This Bid for more bikers in Mid Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bid for more bikers in Mid Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bid for more bikers in Mid Wales

An academic has been awarded a £5000 grant to investigate ways of attracting more motorcyclists to Mid Wales. Dr Carl Cater, a lecturer in tourism qualifications at Aberystwyth University, will study the economic impact of motorcycle tourism on Ceredigion. He has been granted the first Tourism Society Wales Professional Development Award for a year-long study which could result in a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 February 2011 16:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Captain Hook

Jun 07

Captain Hook says:

North Wales

They could start by trying to distance (no pun intended, OK a little pun intended) themselves from North Wales police as much as possible.

Reply to this Topic
5LeafClover

Jan 11

5LeafClover says:

Penalt...erm, Tourism Fee

Ah yes, I can see how North Wales could get involved as they would be very keen for their "Tourism" revenues to increase. "Yes sir, for the priveledge of telling you your brake light has a speck of mud on it and for making due progress across this beautiful country, that'll be a penalt... erm service charge of £1234. Don't mind if we put 6 points on your license do you?!

Reply to this Topic
Lifeintheslowlane

Jun 10

to quote Fawlty Towers..

name - Cybil Fawlty

age - 42

subject - the bleeding obvious

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Hmm, free tea and biscuits should do it.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

Would that be the same Mid Wales where the Police called off a successful Bike Rally at very short notice a couple of years ago?

You might start by going to have a word with the local councils and Chief Constables, Dr Cater.

In fact, he is correct in that mid Wales is excellent biking country, and, for Mike Rotherham's attention, not one which is particularly militantly Welsh-Speaking. I find bilingual road signs part of the attraction anyway! I would not expect Yorkshire people to put on a BBC accent when talking to any passing Soft Southern Jessies, so I am quite content for Welsh people to use their own language in their own country.

The only issue for me is that there are very few places to go in the area. It's great for riding, but there are few places where you might want to stop.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Dont confuse Mid Wales for North.

North Wales is full of gogs who annoy you English folk by speaking in Welsh, Mid Wales is all full of sheep. So to make it more attractive you need to get people to live there first and open up shops and caffs. The A40 is a good ride with a stop at the west end caff in Llandovery but its more South Wales than Mid, the further South you go the more people you find will speak in English.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Wet wales

could Ban Rain from Wales,, that would help fun bike riding,,,, boy-oooo

Reply to this Topic
step1

Aug 08

step1 says:

I refuse to spend a single penny in wales .Bikers are not welcome there thanks to police harrasment.If we all stopped going, wales economy would die and we could turn wales into one huge race track where the welsh would pay us to go just so we spend some money on tea and burgers.Now thats what i call a plan.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

When I got stopped by the police in one of their road side checks just for bikes in 2000, they said they didnt want us lot in Wales and if I came back I could expect trouble.

So I havent been back since.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

sheep

sheep , need I say more

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale