Skip to content

Discuss This Bid for more bikers in Mid Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bid for more bikers in Mid Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bid for more bikers in Mid Wales

An academic has been awarded a £5000 grant to investigate ways of attracting more motorcyclists to Mid Wales. Dr Carl Cater, a lecturer in tourism qualifications at Aberystwyth University, will study the economic impact of motorcycle tourism on Ceredigion. He has been granted the first Tourism Society Wales Professional Development Award for a year-long study which could result in a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 February 2011 16:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Dont be put off...

Well well well...something that sounds positive for once!! lol, but seriously, dont be put off riding in Wales, its all about timing.

I'm 30 now and have been riding big bikes for ten years, i live in Wigan and frequent Wales quite alot through summer, i can honestly say that in all them years i've never had a pull from the old bill, i ride in a group, sports bikes, dark visors etc etc.

before riding myself, as a young lad i used to ride pillion with my old man, on his fireblades/R1's etc again in a big group, so you could say ive been going into North/Mid Wales for nigh on twenty years.... with next to no hassle, not even a road block/ vehicle check..

Part of the problem is some riders who are not familiar with Wales pick the obvious routes, and ride at the peak times i.e Sunday between 8 am - 2pm, try and be creative!! through summer me and the lads can leave Wigan at 4ish and get down into North Wales and mid Wales and have an absolute scream of a ride with not so much as a glimpse of a bobby, same on a Saturday, go later when all the police have gone off to round up the piss cans in the big towns...plus all the sunday drivers have gone too so no caravans to deal with!!

This gives you a good 6 hours in mid summer, plenty of time to explore Wales as slow or as fast as you like, the other alternative is if your job allows for it, take one of your days of in the week, make Wednesday your new Sunday!! mid Wales is empty in the week!! fresh sliders req lol...

Of course all that said its all down to personal circumstances, family life etc on what you can do, we also cant detract away from the fact that in some areas, certain individuals have wiped themselves out at such a rate that the police had to step in, and the only way to clamp down fast was to harass the biking community, i dont agree to it........but it was probably a blessing in disguise for some lads..

Reply to this Topic
deandive

Apr 07

deandive says:

Cymru

Bikers are more than welcome in South and Mid wales from my experience, South Wales police do send their riders to the biking hotspots from time to time but more often than not you get left alone, pulling ridiculous monos and burnouts will no doubt get you a bit of bother but speeding more often than not is either ignored or a quiet word may be had. The camera vans are a massive pain in the arse but normally people warn you well in advance. With regard to you complaining about us speaking Welsh get a grip its our language and our country, ask them not to speak french in france and see how far it gets you, and btw we are going to play you off the park on friday.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

MID WALES

Superb roads and scenery and devoid of traffic if you can choose the right time of the day to ride there. Unfortunately for every plus there is a minus which is the overbearing attitude of certain members of the police to all bikers. I personally have ridden throughout Wales for years without a pull from the boys in blue, I guess it must be down to the top box and missus on the back. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
dogNutts

Feb 11

dogNutts says:

I AIN`T WELSH BUT!!

Wales is !

• Good roads
  • Realy nice people
  • Ewe`s in abundance (if that`s your thing)
  • Area`s of natural beauty
  • Tit`s for police

Reply to this Topic
Smeagolses

Feb 09

Smeagolses says:

PC Plod

Only ever been pulled once in nearly 25 years of riding and that was because I was riding Honda VF 400.  He was having trouble with his and wanted to ask my advice !!

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

wales

Wales has ---Crap weather / horse shit on bends / All welsh men are  GAY  / caravans / dick head coppers / Rugby / sheep shagers / Daferdills / slags with orange skin / crap beer / leek pie !! / crap football teams / Male voice bollocks /  St Davids day crap / That shit Dragon flag / Dav v v eeeed Jones the puffy looking singer / that welsh comedian fella  /  welsh languagen groc-loc-googggeon blic!!! / that town with the long name /   didi I say dick head police / Rain - Rain - Rain -wind n rain / nothing to do when you get there! / cant wait to ride home!

VS

Great biking roads! END!

No brainer.   see you in the summer Tom Jones!!!!! Boy- OO00oo   am comming to wales.

Reply to this Topic
jetset4joe

Feb 11

jetset4joe says:

joke

every time i`ve been wales pulled for speeding 34mph in a 30 zone done for number plate fine done for exhaust fine no more wales for me un my mate who was done aswell thanks wales not

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

its all good apart from.....

I love everything Welsh, the people, the sheep, them lovely little midges, the rain.......... I just love Wales xxxxxx. love it.  

Reply to this Topic
deandive

Apr 07

deandive says:

Racism??

TomRR you are a tit.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Been riding in groups, dark visors, plates, cans etc for ten year ...in and out of Wales, never been pulled, i think its safe to say " RIDE LIKE A PENIS AND YOU WILL BE TREATED AS SUCH " the amount of inconsiderate bell ends we see flying through 30 zones, revving the tits off their bikes for no fuckin reason, you deserve a tug from the old bill before you too become a stat....

Then that will free up the roads for those of us who are clever enough to ride the bikes under the radar.... its not how you do it ..its where and when you do it!!

Rant over.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices