Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Kawasaki ZX-10R takes on rivals First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Kawasaki ZX-10R takes on rivals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Kawasaki ZX-10R takes on rivals

The 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R gets a host of changes for this year, including ABS and traction control. MCN has already tested the ZX-10R in isolation at Qatar where it was mightily impressive, but is it enough to see off the other 1000cc sports bikes and the awesome BMW S1000RR? We test the ZX-10R, S1000RR, Honda Fireblade, Yamaha R1 and Suzuki GSX-R1000 on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 February 2011 13:05)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawacarpo

Nov 07

kawacarpo says:

Like so many tests the performance is not the sole reason for buying.All these bikes are much more than you need for the road.I go by the way it looks(personal preferences),the riding position(personal preferences again),and the cost.I dont like the look of the BMW so even if it had MotoGP performance i wouldnt buy one.Same for the Suzuki and the Yam.The Honda's look has grown on me over the years.So if i was to choose it would be between those two.

Reply to this Topic
Dickskawka

Feb 11

Dickskawka says:

ZX10R Test

Kawasaki have always been different from the other sports bike manufacturers they have a long history of amazing machines , H1./ H2 /S1 /S2 /Z1 . But to name a few, i bought a 2005 ZX10R it was and still is an astouning bike light the touch paper and hold on , i have put a deposit on the new model and can not wait to get my hands on it , i'm sure it will be a great leap foward from the model i had for sure it may not be as good as the BMW or Honda but its early days lets see what happens over the next few race seasons and then  make a better review of the 2011 ZX10R . Thank MCN .

Reply to this Topic
ducksbane

Jan 11

ducksbane says:

Superbike Test

It seems that a lot of you aren't convinced by BMW's lack of race success with the S1000RR ... I guess they did only win 9 out of 10 rounds in the world superstock championship ... really poor effort! :lol:

I also notice they won the British Superstock series as well.

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

We're spoilt for choice

Buy any one of these bikes and you'll be rewarded with fun by the bucket-full.

Not a single one of them is a loser, so it's all up to what you, the rider, want from a litre bike, have fun choosing.

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
crgrbrts

Jan 09

crgrbrts says:

As an S1000RR owner, I can say that I am delighted with the results.  But, truth be told, all of these bikes boast performance and capabilities we could only dream about a few years ago.  If you own any of these beauties, you're a lucky rider!

Reply to this Topic
Markymark01

Dec 05

Markymark01 says:

S1000 first and GSXR 1000 last?

Having just swapped my GSXR 1000 K8 for an S1000RR I have to agree with the result. The way things have moved on in just 2 years is amazing, which makes me all the more surprised that the Yam wasn't last as £14k for a bike that is pretty much 2 years old is a bit of an insult!

I agree that all these bikes have a massive surplus of power for the road, however the BMW with traction control and ABS etc feels so stable and confidence inspiring that I always feel like I am using more of the bike's performance than I ever did with the Gixxer.....or maybe I'm just getting old!

I think the fact is that most people would be able to ride a 190bhp bike with traction etc on the road quicker than a bike without it. One thing is certain though and that is we'll all be riding sportsbikes with electronic aids very soon.

Everyone should enjoy these bikes now as I really do beleive that sooner or later machines like these will be made illegal!

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Aprilia RSV4F SE APRC

OK it may be more money but for a 1000cc Sports Bike the Aprilia RSV4F SE APRC is one mean piece of kit. It looks great, sounds fantastic, has loads of character and has all the tech you would ever need and my guess is with just 37 coming to the UK it will be a future classic. How many BMW S1000RR's are out there ? Follow the rest or be different, it's your choice.

Reply to this Topic
coolhandal

Feb 11

coolhandal says:

ZX-10R

AFTER OWNING FROM NEW A 1098 DUCATI FOR 2 YRS & VERY HAPPY WITH, I TESTED THE CROSSPLANED R1 & FOUND IT TO BE A BETTER  ALL ROUND BIKE SO I BOUGHT ONE,I THEN TRYED THE NEW 1198 & FOUND IT A MUCH BETTER BIKE THEN THE 1098 BUT STILL NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS THE R1. I DID TRY THE BMW S1000RR BEGINNING OF LAST YR ,& THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT BIKE BUT DIDNT LIKE IT AS MUCH AS MY R1. I THEN TRYED THE APRILIA RSV4 & LIKED IT SLIGHTLY BETTER THEN MY R1 SO I BOUGHT ONE. I WILL TRY THE ZX 10 BUT IF IT HAS MOST OF ITS POWER AT THE TOP END AS TREV FOUND, IT SOUNDS LIKE THE ONE I TRYED IN 2009,& FOR ROAD USE I LIKE THE POWER TO BE MORE LOW & MID RANGE.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

ZX 10 R ....... 3rd.

After all the hype,the emotion and floods of tears.......Mcn comes along and gives the KAWSAKI 3rd placement in the Race Rep test.

Top end power is pointless. On the track as was stated you can't even use it there let alone the road. I doubt very much the more expensive abs version would fair any better.

Saying this,whoever buys the ZX10R would probably be happy. No doubt.

Bikes like these are focused on one thing only.......being a race rep so paying close to £14000 for one,you have to make sure its the bike you want.

The Blade or CBR1000RR as its known these days is the closet of the group to being an all rounder. Its the best looking Blade Honda have produced and being everything to all bikers i suppose the price can be a little more justified as you seem to be getting MORE for your money.

Personally, i'd rather have a Multistrada but not everyone will agree.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Stam

Feb 11

Stam says:

BMW 1000rr

BMW 1000rr

Hi there just wandering if someone can explain to me where all The Horse Power for the BMW is coming from.
I myself have a 2010 BMW 1000rr and have added a Full Akarpovic System and a Power Commander 5 had it on the Dino and only getting 188BHP so where do we get the 188HP standard I would like to know. If someone has the Answer can you drop me a line on here as getting pissed we all this chat off 188HP and 192HP we the bits on.

Thanks

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle