Skip to content

General The use of stolen bikes on track!!! Stolen bikes

You are in... Forums > General > Stolen bikes > The use of stolen bikes on track!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

arthurbikemad

Aug 07

The use of stolen bikes on track!!!

As a motorcycle technician for the last 25+ years I was shocked last week when I had a bike in for service, to keep the story short I had
refused to service the customers track bike once I had seen that the frame and engine number had been removed!  After informing the customer he explained that
he had booked a track day in the next few weeks and was about to ship the bike abroad for the week, he asked if the bike would be allowed on track.
I said that I did not know and was more concerned with what he planned for the bike, before he left to contact the seller (eBay) he called the track day company to ask if they would let
the bike run on track, they told him "yes no problem, we do not check engine or frame numbers"  they then asked if he had a receipt for the bike, he said no so they told him "no problem just write one out just in case!"
I have emailed the TDO and the MCN to ask what there view is?  No reply!!!  I do not work on stolen bikes and will and do all that I can to stop the trade and use of stolen motorcycles, shame the track day company in question don't!
If those that know who I am talking about do not want to be named on MY website and many other forums then may I suggest that you change your "just take the money" attitude and start to do something to help stop the use of stolen bikes
on track, bikes with no proof of why they may not have frame and engine numbers should NOT be allowed on track, they are not in racing so why do they on track days.  All it does is suggest that some git can nick a bike and go to the next track day
no questions asked... NOT GOOD TDO's so sort it!!!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 February 2011 20:12)

Post a message in Stolen bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Stolen bikes

Well said mate.  Couldn't agree more.  Makes you sick!

Reply to this Topic
gsxr600k5

Oct 09

gsxr600k5 says:

stolen bikes

But dont some insurance companys remove the number if its been writen off after a total loss crash? as these can be bought back and then used on track?  

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Tis true

On anything worse than Cat C's (only frames though) not engines - but they should still be able to prove where they bought it from.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Thanks anyway

Well at least some of you guys reply!  I know they don't give a toss about us or the bikes that run on track, but you would have hoped that as bikers (you'd think) that they would at least just say no to the example that I wrote about, rather than just give him help!!  As said any bikes that are scrapped by insurance should be crushed, but also as said they will have some form of proof if not!  Shame about the attitude of the TDO's makes me feel gutted tbh!  Oh well!  One voice in a sea of corruption is how I feel!  Thanks for the replys anyway people!  Happy Days to you all...

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

NO REPLYS

Thanks MCN and Focused Events for not replying to my emails, maybe next call is trading standards for the TDO!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Hello

mate... Yep, you're right.. however despite that I do think that track-day organisers would be sort of shooting themselves in the foot by attempting a crackdown.. It aint right but I imagine they'd be turning a blind eye to such things.. makes sense... whilst being utterly wrong!

As for vin number deletions by insurance co's... I dunno if they do that.. My track bike is my K7 GSXR that I bought as a road bike, It got written off when a blind bird pulled out across me.. It was categorised a total loss but I never lost possession of the bike, they never asked me if they could come and scrape the VIN no's off and I simply bought it back from them at a FANTASTIC price and turned it track style. It's totally legit but i'n aware of course that not all bikes on track are... sadly I think it's down to the police to try to stop these thieving c*nts!!!!!

Good luck tho!   :wink:

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

They emailed me!

Thanks mate!  Glad it worked out for you too.  I now have an email from them and I have explained the score, will post up the reply! :)

Reply to this Topic
shopthescum

Feb 11

shopthescum says:

The use of stolen bikes on track!!!

i wish i could talk to you in person about this , dont want to say to much (out loud) as it might start a ball rolling !

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

didnt whatsisname, that ugly bloke....oh yeah foggy ride nicked track bikes in his youth? I may be wrong but sure i saw an article about it once many moons ago.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Thanks all!

Well thanks people for the replys, FE did send me an email saying that they did not know the person my customer talked to on the phone....but hey ho!  Anyway I got some news that the police did a raid today at a track and took away a number of suss bikes lets hope they find there way to the scrap heap or home (however that can be more gutting for the owners!)  I had nothing to do with the raids but just wanted to say to all here that have lost bikes how gutted it is for you and I hope the people that take them get struck by whatever!  Happy days to you all! Arthur.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices