You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > zzr1100d

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

zzr1100d

hi there i posted an item 12months or more about rough running on a zzr1100 i was told to check the valve clearances i have recently done this (i know its a long time),there was 6 exhausts tight and the rest where ok all back together and runing smooth and responsive but in neutral if you rev it from 3 to 6000 rpm it sounds as if it is missing do you think it needs carbs balancing or something else i reset the plugs at same time as valves and unblocked the coolent filter as well cheers:winkie:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 February 2011 20:40)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Kawasaki ZZR1100D Year ??

Hi Davepoole

Sounds like it could go a carb balance,and also the mixture,s setting could be a bit on the weak side?

Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

If it was ok....

....just before you did all this work,check that all the hoses that were connected to the air box are back as they should be.

Reply to this Topic
davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

zzr1100d

the year is 1994 d2 with 25k on the clock

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

:huh:If you have an after market zorst and filter the mixtures probably weak???

Reply to this Topic
davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

still poor revs in neutral

balanced the carbs still the same  put some redx in carbs and it blew alot of white smoke out and it was better it still sort of misses or stutters between 2&4 thousand in neutral but riding it it is super smooth with no stuttering at all and if you rev it quick its as clear as a bell this is very confusing its as though its not getting enough air? the bike is totaly standard any help or if you have got the same problem please let me know,or if you live in stoke with a zzr11 could i have a listen to yours i may be trying to get rid of something that is a slight fueling floor with this bike (it was designed to be fast not a town commuter thanks guys

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

2 to4

It does sound like a weak mixture at the 2 to 4000 rpm point,if it`s ok from 0 to 2000 rpm then the pilot mixture feed is ok but has this been made richer to compensate something? Have you tried super unleaded with redex to see if it`s any better? It could be the can as suggested

Reply to this Topic
davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

still poor runing

i will try super unleaded fuel sorry i didnt reply correctly the bike is completely standard ie exhaust/filter everything but i will try super next time i fill up and see how that goes oh it doessmell rich on tickover everything is clean as filters go thanks

Reply to this Topic
davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

zzr1100 carbs

still not sorted running fault but have noticed with the air box removed when operating the throttle the slides dont move in the carbs is this correct and do they only move once under load ie when travelling

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

slides

These slides lift when a vacuum created above them is strong enough,when you twist your throttle it should turn the butterfly valves on your engine side of the carbs letting more air in and causing a stronger vacuum above the slides which should lift around 3,000rpm:unsure: .With engine cold  gently lift the slides with your finger and let go they should slowly return,if they return quickly the vacuum seals are faulty,K.C.M.C and P.D.J. and other pro`s on here will have more idea on C.V. carbs.

Reply to this Topic
davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

zzr11 carbs

:huh: moved slides with fingers dropped quickly at first i continued to move them and after a time they dropped slowly i dont know if moving them as unblocked the small breather in the diaprham/carb top see how it goes

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices