Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Diavel first ride: "I'm simply blown away!" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati Diavel first ride: "I'm simply blown away!"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Ducati Diavel first ride: "I'm simply blown away!"

MCN’s Phil West has just ridden the all-new Ducati Diavel ‘power-cruiser’ at its world launch in southern Spain. This is what he has to say: “I’ve got to say I’m simply blown away by the Diavel. It’s so light, fast, sophisticated and so good handling and fun it completely turns on its head everything we thought so-called ‘cruisers were about until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 February 2011 10:01)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Larzarus

May 09

Larzarus says:

Good News!

I'm looking forward to seeing what other companies will do to compete with his! :)

Reply to this Topic
barryvfr800

Nov 05

barryvfr800 says:

Cruiser?

Why would anybody want a "gigglingly fast cruiser",doubt the Harley riders will be rushing to buy this!

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

barryvfr800

This isn't meant for harley riders, the only thing they want is the a badge. If they wanted a decent cruiser they'd ride victory's. This bike sounds very exciting, looks very cool and different and if it performs like Phil says it could be a very good bike. Test ride booked.

Reply to this Topic
C12Steve

Oct 10

C12Steve says:

Custom. I dont think so.  Cruiser. I dont think so.

More like a B-King or the Yamaha MT01 thing from a few yerars ago.

Harley have a hard enough time selling the V Rod,  you would look silly dressed up as a pirate on a Diavel.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

About time

About time, I dont think this is for the Die-hard HD rider, its for the market that want all the good things about riding bikes, speed looks comfort,etc  It would be cool to take this around europe, UK to s-Spain and back, and do some serious window watching!  on the way, Its better build / better looks / better speed, then any HD,,,, and NO Orange crap clobber!

How much for the black one...  any one know!!!!

Snev you could trade your Busa for this ... drag you out of the 90s  LOL :)

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I

think it looks very cool!

Not in the market for a new bike, and if I was it'd  be sports but this is really interestinh=g looking and I like it a lot

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

I love it.

I have to say, I saw it at the bike show and was really taken with it. I'm not inclined to call it a cruiser or custom, more just a superb looking naked. If I had the money, I would definitely have one in my dream garage.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I like that

Ducati are doing something different; but why the endless Harley references? The Diavel is not a cruiser; as soon as your measurements become power, weight, and handling, you're not discussing the merits of a cruiser anymore. You'd never attack the new 'Bonnie' for not being having a Y2K gas turbine engine, so why claim that Harley are somehow failing by comparison?

Here's the basic argument for the hard of understanding: Not everyone wants to go fast.

Neither does that mean that all you care about is a badge. For cruiser riders, it is about going for a ride they enjoy. They don't enjoy cramped seating, speed, hard cornering, worrying about speed cameras. What they like is feet kicked out, relaxed position, hands in the breeze, enjoying the ride. That doesn't require power, or helium-bubbled carbonfibre chassis, or sophisticated suspension; it just needs an engine, seat, bars, tank, wheels. Puts Harley "into the 1930s"; well good, 'cos I rather like Knuckleheads - but (again) MCN totally misses the point with cruisers.

Real Diavel rivals:
V-Max (bit obvious I know)
XJR1300?
R1200R?
Rocket? (at a push)
Buell Lightning?

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Yes different strokes for different folks but how the hell do HD justify their prices if they dont do any R&D and just style the same bikes slightly differently?

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Can't fail to pull a bird on that

machine. Just a  shame there'd be nowhere to put her.

Can someone please explain how, by any strecth of the imagination, this a 'Custom cruiser'? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle