Skip to content

Discuss This John Hopkins to make shock Suzuki MotoGP return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > John Hopkins to make shock Suzuki MotoGP return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

John Hopkins to make shock Suzuki MotoGP return

John Hopkins will make a shock return to MotoGP action with Suzuki, MCN can reveal.The American will test a factory GSV-R at next month's Qatar test at the Losail International Circuit having been chosen as injury cover for Spaniard Alvaor Bautista in 2011.The opportunity has arisen after Hopkins signed a deal to ride for the Crescent Suzuki squad in BSB...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 February 2011 14:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

It was me.... it was me.....

I was just saying yesterday that i would love to see Hopper back in the GP's - He has always been a personal fave of mine and he is in my view a very exciting rider to watch!! It will be great to see him back on the Suzuki and I really hope this gets him a foot in the door to a class he belongs in!!!

Welcome home fella (even though it is just a test)

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Slow down Hopper Fans.
I’ve got nothing against him, and loved watching him on the Suzuki in MotoGP, but from my reading of the above article, Hopper will only be given the chance to TEST the GSVR If Alvaro is unfit to undertake the test at Qatar.
Remember, Butista had suspected food poisoning at Sepang, not a leg break, so I anticipate Alvaro will do everything he can to get some more saddle time on the Suzuki prior to the 1st race of the season, and he won't be giving up the test ride to Hopper even if he is not 100%.

p.s. I can’t wait to see Hopper in BSB. I think he'll be in my FRR team.

Reply to this Topic
jaybe

Feb 10

jaybe says:

Suzuki sub

At least it makes a change. Normally they draft in a Japanese rider nobody's ever heard of. Mind you, they could've used an up a coming british rider instead of the useless Hoppper.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

@jaybe

"Useless Hopper"?? Hmmmm he's probably acheived more in one weekend than the likes of you and I will in our life time!! It amazes me still how ignorant some people can be!!! Do you know anything about the rider Jaybe???

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

BSB or MotoGP

So Hopper is still doing the full season in BSB????

I just chose him on my fantasy team.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Actually...

He is using the test to get used to the bike again and for some promotion and pr work... See MotoGp.com for full details... Wish he was back full time but he will purely be a stand in if Alvaro can't make a race...

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

No probs Dude!!

Like the new name!!!

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

I hope

John Hopkins body is back at full fitness, with his background he SHOULD have won the AMA championship after being out of the US tracks for well over a decade.  Unfortunately with his lingering injuries from the Kawasaki GP bike and WSBK Honda ride, he had a somewhat dismal season overall in 2010 in the US, but he did finish on the podium at I believe the last 3 rounds....post operation.

Going to BSB is a step backwards in my opinion, but if playing the understudy for Bautista and for former employers Crescent Suzuki and Denning is going to keep the door open for him in possibly 2012 in MotoGP when they go back to 1000cc and where Suzuki is going to have to buck up for Dorna with a rider team.....then I can see why.   Hopkins also better do more than just finish on the podium for 2011 in the UK.

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

I meant...

2 rider team for 2012 in MotoGP

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle