Skip to content

Discuss This BBC announces 2011 MotoGP team General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > BBC announces 2011 MotoGP team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BBC announces 2011 MotoGP team

The BBC has announced Matt Roberts will replace Jennie Gow as the lead presenter of the 2011 MotoGP television coverage. MCN revealed last week Gow wasn’t being taken on for another season despite an improving performance throughout the year as her knowledge of bike racing improved. Roberts has been a key member of the BBC team since 2006 and will start his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 February 2011 10:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

Oh God...not again!!

Do we really have to have this argument on here again? It's the same dull bleating as last year.

The facts are simple. About 2.5 MILLION people watch the BBC coverage. Less than a tenth of that watch Eurosport. Therefore, the BBC is more important to Dorna, MotoGP and the exposure of the sport to the masses.

You can choose which channel to watch. Stop whinging and get on with it. I am so sick of the complaining on here by a minority of tosspots. If you don't like something, why not consider NOT opening the shit-gates for a change eh?

Surely there must be something positive in the fact the BBC is bothering to show live racing at all?

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

PC Bollocks

I wondered how the uber-PC BBC was going to get around sacking a woman. I mean there was no chance of putting in Jenny Gow's place a male, middle aged and with knowledge of bikes. I mean clearly MotoGP is watched mainly by women, isn't it? Ahhh, now I see the plan. Clearly Jenny Gow just didn't fit the bill - what we really need is someone from a minority. The bonus being that the BBC has found a female presenter from an ethnic minority. To present a race series watched and followed in the main by blokes. I'm seriously not against any race creed, colour or sexual orientation. What I'm against is the continuing crap that the BBC is force feeding us in the name of being all inclusive, regardless of the ability of the presenter to know anything at all about bikes. There are loads of ex-racers with a deep understanding of MotoGP - some of whom even possess a personality we can relate to. Next year Parish will be replaced by a blind lesbian expert in synchronised swimming.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

BBC HD saviour?

in defence of the Beeb, the freesat coverage is generally spot on with uninterrupted coverage from the 125s right through to the half hour round up after the MotoGP race.  the problem with freeview is that, as others have most eloquently pointed out, as a public service broadcaster they have other audiences to cater for, many i daresay being far larger than this community.  with only one channel on the freeview red button, compared to up to six on freesat, it's inevitable that there maybe inconsistent coverage on freeview, particularly for the long haul races.  the saviour maybe the BBC HD channel if all races are broacast in hi-def this season - it's an extra channel on both platforms that generally doesn't have any output before 2pm in the afternoon.  fingers crossed that someone in Shepherds Bush is reading this ....

thank you pearsonsnose for pointing out we have a choice!  we should be glad there are two UK broadcasters showing what is regarded in the general popluation as a minority sport.

but even i think that Charlie Cox should be extradited somewhere distant ....

Reply to this Topic
panmanPete

Aug 10

panmanPete says:

Action required! BBC please at least take note....

1.. Drop Jennie.

Done (she tried hard but just was not right).

2. Give Matt the overdue promotion.

Done (he IS good, and the riders like him).

3. Dump Charlie.

Still oustanding...... (get Whitham in with Stavros!)

4. Show the full slow down lap, paddock celebrations and podium....and STOP showing us the presenters on camera instead!!!

We are happy to HEAR them, but want to SEE the track/paddock/podium activities.

Still outstanding....

5. Show the 125 and Moto2 as part of a lonf packaga AKA the excellent F1 that is done so well.

Still outstanding....

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Yep I'll go with Matt Roberts as well,as has all ready been said,good and importantly you can see the riders like him,but after that,Parrish and Cox they've gotta go,I can understand the need for presenters who have to deal with the numbty BBC viewers(the hard core,me included will stick with Eurosport),if I was signing the cheques at the Beeb I'd go with Huewen and a.n.other,I might be  tempted to listen instead of watching with the sound off.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Jeeeessssuuuusss H. F. C.

Never read so many sad bastard comments. About such a pointless report . go get youreselves a ferkin life FFS.

Reply to this Topic
bullyweeneil

Jul 08

bullyweeneil says:

I must be in the minority as I enjoy the BBC coverage. Gow was awful but the rest isn't too bad. I can't watch eurosport as the adverts do my head in.

Reply to this Topic
garmit

Feb 11

garmit says:

Commentary Team

The commentators have to go. We get the same comments for every race, emotionless and dull. Get them to checkout Toby and Julian on Eurosport. These guys are much more enthusiastic, much better informed and make it interesting. Surely there must be others in the world the BBC can call upon to provide similar informed comment.

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

A change for the better

I think he will do a good job I just hope Azi is going to be OK as I don't know much about him.

Reply to this Topic
fatbloke00

Mar 06

fatbloke00 says:

Matt Roberts is a top bloke and I'm delighted he's being billed as the lead presenter - well deserved.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices