Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies looks to pose bigger podium threat MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies looks to pose bigger podium threat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies looks to pose bigger podium threat

Ben Spies is confident the new 2011 factory Yamaha YZR-M1 will help his bid to become a more consistent podium challenger in this year’s MotoGP series. The Texan had a stellar debut season in 2010 when he claimed podium finishes at Silverstone and Indianapolis to end the season top non-factory rider and leading rookie. Spies though believes he can emerge as a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 February 2011 11:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Maybe, Maybe Not

Should be interesting this year to see if he can break into the top 4. To hear his fans last year you would think he had won the Moto GP Championship. I can't see him beating Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo and of course Rossi on a regular basis. IMO he is a very similar rider to Colin Edwards. 

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

I think he will break into the top 4. If any of the WSBK converts are going to do it, I think Spies is the man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive fan boy.. I just think he's got the talent. To be honest... I'm not bothered who wins (I'd like to see Nicky do well (and Hopper if he gets a chance on the Suzuki)), just want to see some really good close racing.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Similar to Edwards?

I think Ben is a far better rider than Edwards already and we have yet to see his full potential. People shouldn't judge him as a seasoned Gp Rider, remember last year he was a rookie. Saying that he will have trouble this year not just from the four Aliens but also from the likes of Simoncelli, Dovi and possibly Hayden or RDP if he can put in some of the same performances he put in last year before he got injured. One thing last season proves is it only take one or two of the top riders to get injured at different points in the season to blow it wide open. This year we have some propper Scrappers and talents in there to hopefulley not make it the whitewash it was last season. IMO Ben will be one of these talents 

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Que Elbowz

come on wee'fella - this is your moment!!!

Reply to this Topic
KTMOrange

May 09

KTMOrange says:

Still no big sponsor

Still no big sponsor eh?  Ben is very marketable, too bad he is partnered with whoregay.. Who on earth would want to be assosiated with him unless you were promoting gay venues?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I recoil in horror when I see a Bens Pies story now

you just know Elbowz is gonna be creaming himself to death over it

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

of course you don't RobTZ

You see Spies failing and not being very good and only marginally better than your boy JT blah, blah, blah. It isn't only Elbowz that jumps on a Spies article but RobTZ as well with the "he isn't very good" and the "he won't be up there with this or that rider". Spies had 2 podiums, 4 4ths, and 3 5ths last year on a satellite bike with a year old satellite chassis (note that I did not say a year old factory chassis) and a satellite engine. Only a dummy would think he doesn't have a better chance to land more podiums on a factory bike with factory support.

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

hmmmm

... not sure anyone will be repeating Spies dominant showing in WSBK in this class.  Too many huge talents in MotoGP.  ...Well, unless (you're Jorge and) everyone else is injured again

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

interested to see

if the almost-there riders you mentioned can make that step up though.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

don't worry Elbowz

I was responding to a comment or 2 about how you are always commenting on Spies articles. But were as you come on here because you are a fan, some one else comes on for the opposite even whne it's unwarranted.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices