Skip to content

Ask an Expert Motorcycles & Moore - London Colney Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Motorcycles & Moore - London Colney

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Motorcycles & Moore - London Colney

Are these guys still about? I can't get their website to work and the Yamaha website doesn't seem to have heard of them...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 February 2011 14:47)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phillh

Feb 11

phillh says:

Motorcycles & Moore

No, I think they have closed. Rode down there today and shop was closed up and the shop signs have gone. Shame because I have bought several bikes from there in the past and I thought they were very good.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Thats what I feared...

Thanks Phil. I nearly bought a few bikes from them and did buy some weatherproofs, had tyres fitted, repaired etc. Seemed good guys and had been there for years...
The number of dealers shutting up in the last two years is scary. The manufacturers should take note. Customers can't buy bikes if there are no dealers to sell & service them...

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Closing dealers

The problem is less bikes are being sold and therefore there is also less after-market business such as servicing etc to be had.  The number of dealers will shrink accodingly to a level that the market can keep in business.  It's always a shame when good dealers disappear.  I started riding in the late 70's and alsmost every high street seemed to have a motorcycle shop.  Small, local independants who got to know you and your bike.  Things don't always change for the better.

MM     

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Neilrawlins1

Mar 11

Neilrawlins1 says:

Con

Hello guys
No the reason they shut down was because the owner was not registering the bikes as sold with yamaha he was keeping the money for himself, so as far as they were concerned he had loads of bikes unsold (at the end of each year he pays yamaha for the bikes he has sold)
He was caught out because a guy that brought a R1 from him checked his R1 on the computer 5 months later and it was still under moors and had trade insurence, he just carryed on telling the owners that it was being delt with ect
The police officer then took matters futher and checked up with the database and found several bikes under the same trade insurence and after asking yamaha how many bikes moors had (had not sold) (which was around 30+ odd) they then swiftly turned up and took him away, sorry if my typing is not that great there was a story about it in the local paper as i live pretty close by.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Wow, Thanks for that...

Wow thanks for that. He had been there for ages. I used to live in Borehamwood so he was quite close...
Guess he was under pressure not to pay his debts and thought this was a way of keeping Yamaha bills away until he could pay them (although it could only last so long).
I assume that all the bikes are officially owned by the people who paid for them? Have Yamaha said anything about that (since they could argue that they haven't been paid and so M&M didn't own them to sell them...)?

Reply to this Topic
KSTH

Feb 12

KSTH says:

Moores, london colney

Doesn't surprise me at all. Had so much trouble with them after buying my bike, even I had to threaten them with the police. Tried to get me to rip off my insurers too. Good riddence I say.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices