Skip to content

Discuss This KTM 200 Duke spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > KTM 200 Duke spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

KTM 200 Duke spied

This spy shot - snapped in Pune, India - shows a pre-production model of a KTM 200 Duke. The larger cousin to the upcoming 125 Duke is apparently an "India-only" model and will be priced at around £2,200.  Aside from a retuned, or possibly rebored, engine there is no suggestion so far that it will differ from the European-bound 125cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 February 2011 10:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Ktm Duke.......£2200,what!!?

If this story is true,then the bike must be built to a budget.

Either that,or we are being RIPPED OFF here in ol' Blighty.

The Duke 125 must surely cost £4000 at least and yet this 200 version is £2200,in India!

What is going on?

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

Be cheaper to buy a flight to india, buy a bike out there, put it in a crate and ship it back to england, rather than buy the 125 from a dealer in england, and if they are essentially the same bike but india get a bigger engine then theres not much reason to buy the 125 in england, aside from learner regulations...

Reply to this Topic
rattletop

Dec 10

rattletop says:

Bajaj has bought major stock in KTM

the reason for it being 'cheap' is because indian automotive maker- bajaj, has bought the major stake in KTM.  and they are pricing it according to the market demands. i guess i have to wait for a few more months before i decide to buy  either ninja 250 or this.

Reply to this Topic
rattletop

Dec 10

rattletop says:

I meant

major stake not stock, lol.

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

My In-Laws have just returned from India yesterday and brought me a copy of a mag (Bike India Jan 11 issue), inside is an article about this bike with a few nice to know facts:

It is a bored out version of the 125 model, Max Power is expected to be 20-25PS, Kerb Weight 130kg, Top Speed Approx 145 KMH, seat height 79cm, Hydraulic Cluthch, 43mm upside-down Forks, 150 section rear tyre.  Price in the region of Rs 2 lakh (whatever that means!)

All parts will be sourced from India to keep the cost down except for wheels (China) and suspension (Netherlands)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle