Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ducati Diavel first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Ducati Diavel first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati Diavel first ride

Ducati say the new Diavel is a 'power cruiser', but where exactly does it fit in? MCN's Phil West tested the Ducati Diavel in Spain and was blown away by the 162bhp, V-twin powered Ducati. For the full test, pick up a copy of this week's issue of MCN.  brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 February 2011 10:59)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

When comparing prices, it will make the V-Max and V-Rod look ridiculous expensive compared to what you get from this bike for the price. I do agree with most about the front end not being as nice as the rest of the bike. Love those twisted headers and the sound.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

OK Phil, don't rub it in. Out in the Spanish sun riding a new bike all day? Now I really am fed up :)

I like this bike. I like this bike alot. I may have to mug a banking fat cat and buy one.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

MCN Video Editor

Your doing better I'll admit, but just spend some time going through pro vids like top gear etc, what do they include. Ask your reviewers to slow down so you can edit their guffs out better with cutaways. Do voiceovers more, they are so easy and more effective than always hearing the engine sound etc. Don't just say the bike has traction control discuss how well it works etc.

Reply to this Topic
step1

Aug 08

step1 says:

Its growing on me .Think i will have to have a test ride.

Reply to this Topic
Elvisto

Feb 11

Elvisto says:

Diavel

Well! Thanks for the write up and the video, This weeks MCN has made my day, Ordered my Diavel Carbon a few months ago now, and can't wait for the arrival day, Just glad it's had such a rave review, loved the video, Cheers Graham

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

I want one, sharpish!

Who´d say that? Back wheel from F1 car, long as a truck vehicle, and the bike still has blowing handling. Who am I supposed to kill or sell to get one :) Obviously the bike does not have the wicked aura of H-D "junk", as well the dirty sound. But I don´t think it is supposed to compete with it. V-Rod can hardly be a competitor. These are just two - V-Max and Rocket III - the former as the king of power, the latter as the king of torgue, and this bike as the king of handling, I suppose. Hope there´ll be a group test soon. By the way, there is new super-criser/naked, who might become a next rival - Midallu. A Czech-made bike with top components and Italian design - V6 2,3 litre engine, 240bhp, over 200 Nm, weight about 300 kilos (600 pounds). But I don´t think this one will be taken into consideration.

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

Really?

Maybe it is as good as the condescending presenter says it is, hate that American answer your own questions style. Still irrelevant though, even a good turd is still a turd. Sit up and beg with all that weight and power, just for posers who want to flash their cash, oh yes most Ducati owners that is. I could go faster almost anywhere, standing start maybe not, on a speed triple or even street triple.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Ducati posers

That made me laugh easytargets.

Have you noticed that Harley and Ducati owners never wave or talk to other bikers?

Must be nice to be rich and have no mates.

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Joeslow

Please dont put Ducati in the same bag as H-Davidson, "I nod and wave"...,,  and Im still waiting for the slightes recognition for the Chav-Yami riders like your self ,,,who basicaly run-down any bike thats not Jap-Crap! :shock:

Must be nice having loads-a mates, all on cheep same -same bikes, with no clue about what bikeing is realy about    !!!!!!! LOL  Not.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

typical snooty

Ducati rider comment - see what I mean folks - bloke doesn't even know what I ride or what I have owned.

Grow up boy

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices