Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs 2004 Ducati 999S vs 2005 Honda Fireblade First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs 2004 Ducati 999S vs 2005 Honda Fireblade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs 2004 Ducati 999S vs 2005 Honda Fireblade

MCN's Michael Neeves recently rode the 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 at the launch, and he reckons it's so good it's as fast as 1000cc sports bikes from just a few years ago. With that statement in mind we're putting the GSX-R600 up against a pair of used 1000cc sports bikes - a 2004 Ducati 999S and a 2005 Honda Fireblade - to see...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 February 2011 15:44)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Angus883iron

Jan 11

Angus883iron says:

Just as fast?

Gsxr600 as fast as a 1000cc sports bike? Really?

Reply to this Topic
englishuser

Jul 07

englishuser says:

You could probably buy a used 999 AND a 2005 Blade for the list price on the new GSXR600

Reply to this Topic
cardosomig

Feb 11

cardosomig says:

in pure racing...

normally, the hp/kg ratio wins. although the chassis can attenuate the diference....

Reply to this Topic
Retromurdok

Oct 10

Retromurdok says:

Results order ( my Opinion)

1st- Fireblade

2nd-Ducati 999s

3rd-GSX-R600

with less than a second seperating the machines...

In the order i would purchase.

1st- Ducati

2nd- Suzuki

3rd-Fireblade

P.S

In your Last issue 9th Feb 2011 yesterdays!!!

You state the "BMW's Power trumped the Rest"

Yet Every single machine Defeted the S1000RR's 1/4 mile time

The Honda Fireblade Winning with a 10.46s

And the New Kawasaki in 2nd with a 10.49s

In otherwords you held a perfetly Fair performance test and then wrote a load of shite.

you let personal opinions form the results not solid statistics, your  lap times reguarly show in all your issues that your testers are faster on one bike, and yet you say the winning machines is a completely different bike?  Hope this helps your deliver more fair results in your tests in the future.. "cough"

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

gixer

as both the 999 and 04 to 07 blade where performing bikes

i thing an FS1E would have an outside chance lol

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Depends on the track. As the Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds has 2 mile straight and is fairly wide I recon the ducati will win. On a back road, an Irish back road where I do most of my riding a 600 is usually quicker than a 1000. I ride a gixer 750 best of both world and ideal for bumpy shity Irish roads.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I allways love it when

The latest Bike is allways the Bestest, Quickest,best handling bike ever but next year it will have the  " allways had A bit of a problem in the" something or other. Have been reading MCN for 32 years now and it never ceases to amaze me that a bikes performance gets worse every time MCN tests it. time and time again the standing quarter goes from 10.01 to 10.46 or the top speed goes from an easy 180 to a barely able 175. then theres the rock steady handling which changes to a nervous high speed weave. priceless chaps!     P.S.     MCN was About 20 pence back then and worth every penny,  today ????

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Look at the bright side

When the media brand last years sports bike a "sports tourer" then it's value plummets and blokes on a modest income can then afford it.

I voted for the Honda.

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

Round a normal UK track the 600 will win, because of its weight, somewhere tight and twisty a 600 will be better, but on a wider faster track it will be the fireblade that takes it

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

600 t0 win!

Judging by the video footage i've seen on here of the 600 flat out i think i might just put my money on this to win.....I think i saw about 174 on the speedo!  It's also a lot lighter and has superior brakes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle