Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs 2004 Ducati 999S vs 2005 Honda Fireblade First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs 2004 Ducati 999S vs 2005 Honda Fireblade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs 2004 Ducati 999S vs 2005 Honda Fireblade

MCN's Michael Neeves recently rode the 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 at the launch, and he reckons it's so good it's as fast as 1000cc sports bikes from just a few years ago. With that statement in mind we're putting the GSX-R600 up against a pair of used 1000cc sports bikes - a 2004 Ducati 999S and a 2005 Honda Fireblade - to see...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 February 2011 15:44)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

600 to win!

Judging by the video footage i've seen on here of the 600 flat out i think i might just put my money on this to win.....I think i saw about 174 on the speedo!  It's also a lot lighter and has superior brakes.

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

600 to win!

Judging by the video footage i've seen on here of the 600 flat out i think i might just put my money on this to win.....I think i saw about 174 on the speedo!  It's also a lot lighter and has superior brakes.

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

Oooooops!

Having a bit of finger trouble........i seem to have posted it 3 times..................at least it'll increase my post count! lol

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

my choice

I've ridden the 05 Blade and its throttle response aint great...a bit dead below 4000revs but ballistic from there on..great brakes but needs a good suspension setup to be good around the bends...easy to ride quickly but needs hard work to go at track speeds due to a lack of slipper clutch...tyre choice is critical. 999s....pure exotica...never a great road bike and the engine is a mix of grunt and judder...does tracks like a natural and with the right tyres will be the least work for the rider...downside is that the way it delivers power could make it the slowest...the bike i'd buy though. New GSXR600...fast, balanced and with all the gizmo's needed to be a great general purpose bike...Brembo's and slipper clutch mixed with suzuki smooth power should make it really easy to hammer on track...still won't match the Blade on the straights but corner entry and agility should make it an easy win anywhere but Brunters.....still wouldn't buy one £9k is a joke for a stock 600...like others i'd but the other 2 instead.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey Goodygixer

you gotta let go man!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey Goodygixer

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey Goodygixer

Reply to this Topic
Originallordgoodfellow

Feb 11

You could probably buy a used 999 AND a 2005 Blade for the list price on the new GSXR600! Absolutely agree with this comment made by englishuser, what may I enquiry is the point of this survey anyway? who actually gives a F! If your looking to buy a 1000cc sports bike are you gonna be convinced to buy 600? probably not.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

originallordgoodfellow:

Agreed, one about to buy a 1000 probably wouldn't get this 600 instead, on the strength of this article alone.  But that wasn't exactly the point.   The point was to see whether a modern 600 was just about up to the standard of a 1000 made relatively recently, and it proved the point very well.

One thing this article did do, was make it clear if someone was thinking about getting this bike, they wouldn't be getting a dud.

But to your first point - if someone had this new 600, why would they want to substitute it for the other two?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices