Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW S1000RR onboard at Bruntingthorpe First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: BMW S1000RR onboard at Bruntingthorpe

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW S1000RR onboard at Bruntingthorpe

Following MCN's test of Kawasaki's 2011 ZX-10R against its superbike rivals on road and track last week, which placed the ZX-10R third, this week we have taken them all to MCN's performance test track and dyno facility. The video below gives you a taste of the speed testing at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground. To find out the results, pick up a copy of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 February 2011 17:28)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

That's nothing!

I've had more than that out of my GSXR 1000K8......and it was about £5K cheaper!

Good power wheelies though!

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Nice vid

It picks the front up well at 90+ in 3rd

:biggrin::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey Goodygixer

I hate to mention this but...... Your Speedo is Slightly out mate,  Just like my Tuned 2010 Busa.which is obviously alot slower than both!  Would make an interesting race though specially now the T.R.E. is fitted.

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

Snev, i know but so's the BMW's i expect!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ah but,

A Busa goes off in 5th. the needle stops at where the 190 would be, with 6th,it is pure Guess work! with 4th good for an indicated 170 plus. and 3rd about 150. 2nd only gets to about 114 Shift light shining bright, 1st, I only use on Motorways!!!!

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

Your busa sounds pretty mental, my mates got a supercharged one pushing out 450bhp he reckons, it's an awesome looking thing as well, it's been sprayed to look like a jet fighter!

Getting back to the Beemer though.........I bet there are speedo inaccuracies on that as well as there are on all bikes.......so if thats reading 186mph it's probably doing a genuine 175mph or so!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

my Ford Boring

Was doing An indicated 86 When I spotted an  undercover asshole hiding in a van with no stripes (and no friends) on a quiet duel cabbage way on a sunday (double tax payers pay) with only myself and the person in front who pulled in pretty sharpish, leaving me in the sights of the aforementioned sad twat ex clamper with  a uniform fetish and I did actually get a ticket for 86 in a 70 thank fcuk i wasn't on my Busa , but then I only have a twat plate on the rear. so how accurate are Speedo's ???? First time in 32 years i get points. what a dangerous person I was.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Snev Busa boy

ohhhh I can almost smell the redex,    so only one way to find out...... roll on summer.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

cock bike wins again

cock bike owner owners please remember their is more to road riding than 200bhp

the most over hyped bike for years

whilst you are down the pub telling you mates about you 200bhp, and ignoring  lack low and midrange

back in the real world of riding, the latest R1 is a better road bike because everytime you open the throttle you have its sweet smooth punch, putting a big smile on the face of their owners good enough to who know how  to use the new bike

then theres the fireblade probarly the best road bike ever produced, (not the most exciting), thats the R1 but with the blade you get the most agile, best mid range and most refined bike i have ever ridden

still back in cock land as will be well dreaming of that 200bhp you will never use on the road

dream on cocks !!!!  lol

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

ginxercarl

JEEEEEEZZZZ , thats a bit brash,

So the assumption is.... if you own a BMWS1000RR then you cant ride, so tell me how did you arrive to that point, 

I know for a fact my RR kicks the crap out of the 2010 R-1 ,,, I know this coz I did it!  

so when your TRYING  to suck your own cock whilst flicking through last months gimps and bitches mag issue 12,,,,just remember we know where you ride!!!!!!!,

So wake up smell the coffee and stop talking gob shiteee,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle