Skip to content

Sport 125 ? MCN Fantasy Road Racing

You are in... Forums > Sport > MCN Fantasy Road Racing > 125 ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

deandive

Apr 07

deandive says:

125 ?

anyone else think its a bit daft to have a yzf 125 as the main prize, now im not knocking the bike or being a snob, but im assuming most of us by the very nature of reading mcn have probably outgrown 125s and would look to sell it without turning a wheel, just a beer fueled thought?:wacko:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 February 2011 00:17)

Post a message in MCN Fantasy Road Racing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sheenefan

Feb 11

Sheenefan says:

4 stroke ?

Know what your saying although....

I wonder if they are trying to plug thier established 4 stroke 125 (sounds to me like 2 strokes will sooner or later be a thing of the past:upset:) excuse me if I'm not up to speed on any recent news/decisions etc.

Also, I'm getting on a bit now and leaning over a sports bike for prolonged periods trying to imitate a heat seeking missile is not my thing. Never has been really. Touring bikes for me now and having something like the yzf in the garage to nip out and have a little fun on would probably suit me.

Would prefer a Honda NSR125F though and will shed a tear if 2 strokes get outlawed alltogether. Would more than likely sell it though but not because I've out grown 125's.

Reply to this Topic
onyabikeshop

Feb 11

onyabikeshop says:

R125

I know what your saying and i agree , i have the r125 great little bike to start on the path for super sport
im 35 had her for a year now but i do miss my powerband from my RS125 but 300miles to the gallon swang it for me ! but has left me wanting more power so moving up to an R6 very soon ! shame Yamaha dont bring out a 250 , as a 250 lump in that bike would be so much fun :smile

Reply to this Topic
Sheenefan

Feb 11

Sheenefan says:

I'm getting a bit nostalgic now.:upset:      NSR250 in Rothmans livery in the 80s. Beautiful bike, light and squirty.:biggrin:    NSR 125 was the bike for me in the 90s         Allways been a fan of the twisty bits and never really been turned on by high speed in a straight line. Lets face it, Centrifugal blaa blaa will keep the thing upright for you in a straight line but a rider can either flow through the corners or not.:smiley:       Anyway, go too fast and people cant see how shiney your baby is.:lol:        

Reply to this Topic
onyabikeshop

Feb 11

onyabikeshop says:

nsr

Yes eddie lawson on the NSR them where the days

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

WHEN I WERE A LAD ...

.... We used to get up quarter of an hour before we went to bed just to be allowed to lick the carbon deposits of the two strokes' expansion boxes.

But TBH switching from a supersport to our lasses' CBR 125 scared the hell out me.  Just didn't have the power to get away from blind buggers in 4WDs doing the school run and taxis unconcerned about trying to shove you out the way.   And overtakes - You're hung out there for ever crawling past even when you hold it wide open everywhere. 

I'll play, because let's be honest I can sell the sodding thing. 
But ride it? 
No chance. 

Frankly, I think its a bit pants, faintly insulting and very disappointing.

Whereas if was last year's ZX6 that would suit the lass very nicely and a BM 1000 RR well, she could have my R1 :winkie:

She can't have my ZX6, that's me winter hack.
(Try riding an R1 in snow & you'll see why)

Really would rather they'd gone back to charging a fiver per team and had a  thou as top prize.  
That was aspirational.  This is just mercenary.
So yah boo hiss to MCE.
In the words of Kevin Bloody Wilson 'You're supposed to fkn help, not make it fkn worse' :unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
theledge123

Feb 11

theledge123 says:

when i were a lad

whats all that about ?

bet you wouldnt enter if you had to pay !

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

And you would loose your bet big time

'Cos when it *was* chargeable I had 25 quids worth :doubt:

Think about it. 

Chances are you'd buy a fivers worth of raffle tickets at an event to try and win the latest must have ride?  
So when the chance comes to win - I think it was a Gixxer thou that year - AND on the basis its your skill rather than blind chance its one of the best bets around if you have half a clue innit?

OK, unfortunately for my 25 quid it turned out you needed a full clue AND luck :mad:
....but it *still* makes sense  :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
theledge123

Feb 11

theledge123 says:

fair dooos fella, good luck to ya !

Reply to this Topic
justacardriver

Mar 10

past games

liked when you could change your team every week, and had to pick a rider from all gp catergories as well:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices