You are in... Forums > General > General > Newbie Needs Advice

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cbtnewbie

Feb 11

cbtnewbie says:

Newbie Needs Advice

Hi all,I've just passed my cbt and I'm looking for a 125 dirt bike,as in a KLX or D-TRACKER,although there both out of my budget at the moment.My budget being around £1500.

I need a bike to commute to work,about 40 miles total each day,but i'd also like something,fun,agile and economical to ride.So If anyone has got any suggestions from there experience of good first bikes or just any general advice for a learner rider i'd appreciate it if you'd let me know thanks.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 February 2011 16:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

My advice is to go into geting your full restricted lisence,

longer your on a cbt harder your lisence will be to pass as you could aquire some bad habbits like my friend has, pluss you can get any bike , you want as long as its 33bhp and no resitting your test every 2 years,

anddd

125 are hell slow.

Reply to this Topic
cbtnewbie

Feb 11

cbtnewbie says:

125 slow

125 would'nt seem slow to me,but in any case it's all I can ride for now.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

125 is enough

you can have alot of fun on a 125.

a restricted bike will be heavier and around town the 125 will keep up.

spend ya money on the b ike not the licence

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

c

to many people ride around on cbt lisences i dont feel its enough.

untill you can afford a lisence ye get a 125 but please whatever you do dont settle on a cbt its not worth the paper its writen on.

4 people i know have all had cbts since the were old enough each have crashed and been knocked off numerous times and 1 come close to being killed.

now it comes to them taking theres test and not one of them can pass because they have to many bad habbits and they think they know it all.

Reply to this Topic
krustchoff

Feb 11

krustchoff says:

125 starter

if your lookin for a 125 then i'd go for somethin like a yamaha dt125r or similar you,ll get one for that money

they are quite a tall bike though, loads of fun aswell, reliable enough, cheep spares, cheep to run.

almost wish a wiz getin one ma sell

Reply to this Topic
scottscott80

Jan 11

scottscott80 says:

I have

great fun on my YBR! It doesn't seem that slow to me though. Saying that though I can't wait to get my full liscense and a proepr big bike.

Robert what's this full restricted liscense? Is that just the big bike test for under 21's? The only bad habbits I'v picked up is not having my foot on the back break while I'm stopped as having my right leg up and left leg down doesn't feel natural at all!

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

Not slow but not as quick :) 

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

cbt?

i agree, cbts are not worth the paper..i passed my test in 09 and bought a zzr1100 going cheap....save the money and get your test done...cheap 2nd hand biikes out there for less than a grand as your first bike..

Reply to this Topic
cbtnewbie

Feb 11

cbtnewbie says:

cbt

I hear what you saying about cbt,but I need a bike asap,can't afford to do a test,job depends on it.

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

dose your life depend on it?

it not i would say do it propely. all a cbt is meant for is taking you out on lessons with a qualified instructor

if you can handle the bike u could pass your mod 1 with no lessons if you do enough practice and watch the videos on youtube.

mod 2

take a few lessons and go for it.

:D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices