Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding makes fast start to 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding makes fast start to 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding makes fast start to 2011

Scott Redding made an impressively fast start to his preparations for the 2011 Moto2 world championship when he finished the Valencia test last weekend sharing the quickest time with Marc Marquez.The 18-year-old clocked a personal best time around the Ricardo Tormo track with a 1.35.6 set on the final day in cool by sunny conditions matching the pace of Repsol-backed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 February 2011 13:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

VERY promising already

for young Scott. I can't remember the last time Britain had a rider in the GP paddock with such potential. 

What we need to see this year is a conversion from that potential to race wins and a title challenge. That would really confirm his talent. 

Here's hoping he has a great year!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

keep it up scotty

yeah i agree with you bud, such promising potential and awsome talent along with bradley smith,  cant wait for the start of the season.  come on GB boys..

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

I think Kev Coglan will do better in the Moto2 Class than Bradley, as he been mxing it up (and winning) plenty of races in the Spanish Moto2 championship fo the last 2 seasons.

But I agree, I think Scot will be in the top 3 at the end fo the season.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

RATHER IRONIC

isn't it bradley's our most sucsessful gp rider for a long long time and yet we think scot's the man (lad) to back me inc !

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Sorry eddl.

Scott is a much better rider then Bradley.

Reply to this Topic
TLSI

Aug 07

TLSI says:

Scott

Great fella,right attitude and very good at bike set up . Really hope he has a great season one for future progress, good luck to all the riders out there, lets hope its an exciting and safe season for all. 

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

ELBOWZ

explain please?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Not ironic Eddl more matter of fact

The difference is Smith has had top flight tools for the last few 125 GP seasons and has been comprehensively outshone by the continentals. He only won Valencia last year as Marquez fought against every natural instinct in his being to ride safe for the title. Smith really disappointed last season to my mind. It was his chance to step up to the plate yet patently he couldn't against the Spanish triumvirate. His station proved. Very good, but not good enough to have the potential to get the job done. Recent history is littered with good GP winning 125 riders like Smith who have achieved nothing else.

Redding beats Smith hands down on talent, aggression, set up ability and potential. Of course Redding is very lucky to have the extremely experienced Pete Benson in his corner too.  Whilst Scott's size is a slight hinderance on the relatively wheezy 600's, that mountain Gorilla Simoncelli proves that big guys can win on little bikes.

Just watching Redding's end of season form it's hard see him doing anything other than being right in the thick of it 2011. Smith I think will be lucky to break into the top ten in a couple of races. Then again Herve Poncharral's hired him and he sure knows much more than I!

Bring it on. Moto2 is going to be just as juicy of MotoGP this season.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Spot on Nostrodamus

You hit the nail on the head there, though that's hardly unusual. Bradley has talent but alas also has Pedrosa syndrome - get's the holeshot, get's caught, passed, doesn't fight back and fades like a pair of old jeans. Or he has a set up issue when the flag drops and again fades. It's a crying shame but one I feel will dog him his whole career. Still I too can't wait for the season to kick off as I, along with everyone else it seems, believe that Scott has the whole package and will be a force to contend with.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

DOH!

damn you nostro i was waiting for elbowz to tell me how ben spies had taught scot all he knows ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle