Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner steps into Phillip Island date debate MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner steps into Phillip Island date debate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner steps into Phillip Island date debate

Casey Stoner has joined the debate raging about the future of the Australian MotoGP race at the Phillip Island circuit.The 2007 world champion, who has won every MotoGP race on home soil since 2007, has given his thoughts on the current clamour to move the Phillip Island date from 2012 onwards.Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is insisting that the Phillip Island...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 February 2011 12:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Stoner does say...

"if we put it at the beginning of the year we could get the same weather."

I remember many a UK race being rained out, and PI with Corser stopping race two, Misano 2007 with the pit garages flooded. How about the 2008 Indianapolis MotoGP which Rossi described at the time as "the worst conditions of my career"?

As you say wosideg, its simply manipulation of the calender to double the Japanese event and make the flyaway trip more finacially viable for the teams. Mr Birt wont dig deeper (sorry but MCN journalism is lazy) because the story is simple - create a more financially effective calender at the cost of loosing great tracks.

Halitosis hits(sic) the nail on the head with his final line 'As respected ex-IOM and track racer and motorcycle journalist, Mat Oxley recently asked - " Who the hell are these people and why don't they stop messing with our sport? "'

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

Phillipe Blatter

Very worrying,This is the guy, who was kicked off of and received a life long ban from the olympics comittee,because of his dodgy dealings.He than ran off to work for his trust worthy uncle Seb, I seem to remember his company during the world cup,charging over £800 for a fixture.f booked independently it  would cost just over £100.This was because it was an official FIFA organised trip.Keep these F&ckers away from our sport.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Bloody weather, I blame the Government!!!

I just do, they are a bunch of tossers!!!! Anyway...

It is a shame that each and every rouind can't have perfect conditions as this would improve the experience so much more. I'm a sun worshipper; I love the dry weather and assume the riders do too with the sticky tarmac giving confident lines.

I remember getting drowned on and off at Donington throughout most weekends the GP was run. '07 was a drying track. '08 dry on race day but not all weekend and '09 drying when Dovi won.

I'm visiting Phillip Island in the next few weeks so its bound to be storm conditions!!!! Hopefully see the rack although I don't think there's any racing on. 

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

All said n done...

If the date gets changed so be it...if it stays as it is...so be it...

Why does aquarius seem to think 'rossi' whom i believe did say something, along with various others

but i notice rossi get's fired down for mentioning something...

I remember watching it and the beloved 'casey stoner' also said it was too dangerous...

Stoner and rossi were aproached on that day and both were shaking there head's...

so let's try keep it fair and not just 'blame one rider'...

whom could'nt change things with only one voice anyway 

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lol...

Well after my own admission, i stopped with the stoner digs etc...

But yeah it would seem certain peeps just wont let it go...

'like a dog with a frisby' i think the saying is....lol

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

wosideq & leemuz ...

After a few weeks of rationality and sense, you have reverted to being morons. I'll just have to explain it to you all over again - this time in very simple terms that even you two can understand: Valentino Rossi is the biggest star in the Dorna firmament and the biggest single money-making personality for them. I have posted repeatedly over the past 14 months that Dorna shareholders were/are preparing to divest their shares the moment Rossi declares that he has had enough and racks-off to WRC or whatever. If he falls-off or breaks-down, 20,000 spectators instantly leave the circuit and World-wide hundreds of thousands turn-off their MotoGP TV coverage. These are supposed to be fans of the sport. I don't get it either - but there you go. As their ( Dorna's ) STAR and a member of the Rider Safety Committee, Rossi is Ezpeleta's big gun to flash-about - but Rossi is definitely NOT actively agitating for a change in dates for Phillip Island. His comments came up as an aside in an interview during the race week-end last October @ PI. Therefore, Carmelo Ezpeleta's repeated assertions and referrals to Valentino Rossi as fully supporting his contentions each and very time he bleats about the date change to the media is quite specious. ( I'll explain that to you: superficially valid - but on closer examination or in point of fact - lacking real merit or validity and knowingly deceptive ) Ezpeleta is demonstrably being more than a tad economical with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. HE is the one trying to drive this issue and NOT Rossi OR the Rider Safety Committee. Various people have posted in addition to myself and all agree that ( given the extremely high rating and popularity of the AGP and PI with both watchers & riders ) Dorna and Ezpeleta quite obviously have another agenda here. Very probably a combination of reducing costs and/or adding a new circuit ( in the Middle East or elsewhere ) for a larger fee. Bizarrely, this comes at a time when F1 & Ecclestone and other promoters are shitting bricks about civil unrest in Bahrain et al.

Casey Stoner, wearing a perfectly respectable and valid hat as a World Class rider, the most Wins in the 800cc era and 4 time PI Winner himself ( Rossi has also had multiple Wins there and one absolutely epic time-recovering ride to Win ) then sticks his tuppence worth into the argument/issue by stating the fucking obvious in defence of the date remaining the same - and what happens? You two geniuses immediately start all over again with this infantile Stoner  V  Rossi bullshit and lower the tone of the argument straight back into a gutter-level morass of misplaced nationalism and name-calling. You're not true fans of the sport either - just one-eyed Rossi acolytes that are so worshipful and protective of how much better Rossi makes you feel about your sad selves that you have lost any ability to be fair or objective. You take aim at others but you are just as bad as the circuit-leavers and TV switchers. " Can't bring themselves to accept Rossi's achievements " - oh, please - try really, really hard to grow-up and take a long, hard look at yourselves in the mirror. You guys " sledge " so much that you'll find an Alaskan Husky looking back at you. Woof - Woof !!!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Agreed Wosi, typical anti Rossi fans who thinks everyone should have his opinion, and quite frankly should have no time for a particular rider and should just follow the sport as a whole, except of course where Casey is involved..and all the while trying to disguise his dislike of all things Rossi under a barrage of pomposity... There isn't a rider out there who would thank the fans for not having a favourite rider. They make a % of their wages from it. If you support Casey and not Rossi, do just that and buy a t-shirt to help his cause. if you don't support someone don't buy a t-shirt and leave it to the fans who do.... Can you really imagine any sport without fans of the players. Silence at football matches, wimbledon half empty cricket..actually scrape that one, It would be train spotting. anoraks only.. PI is a great track, possibly the best, it seems a shame to waste it at half cock with not only bad weather but cold to boot. I am sure Australia has seasons and whilst rain prediction is difficult a warmer season would absolutely improve the spectacle. Besides it's only the Queensland lawnmower racing championship that week, even if it is a semi-final...

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Oh, dear ...

Read my comments again - and then read yours again. I rest my case. Wosi-person, there is a pyschiatric condition where the sufferer thinks that EVERYONE is having  a " go "  and is critical of them - and everyone and everything is out to " get " them ". Delusions of persecution and hallucinations are also part of the symptoms. This is called Paranoid Schizophrenia. Go and get yourself checked-out while you still have time as I would hate to see you get into trouble. And, hugelean - you are another that has a proven track record of posts that illustrate an infantile and simplistic view of motorcycle racing too. Another mindless jerk that sees things that simply are not there - more hallucinations. Yes, my ignorant adversary - Australia definitely does have " seasons " - like the 44 C temperatures experienced at several Adelaide F1 Grand Prix  events. Your brain condom ( super small size ) would just burst into flames, melt and disintegrate.  And then people like Ezpeleta would moan that it was too hot and want to shift the dates again. You guys are so funny. You are some sort of  " fans " (I think ) but have no understanding whatsoever of how the sport works, how it is marketed and it's drivers in terms of revenues. And yet you continue to accuse me of some non-existent vendetta against the greatest rider of his generation when I speak of the true circumstances of Dorna's call for a date change. Guys - I'm playing Chess and you are playing Checkers and you are so thick you cant discern the difference. I note that it has continued to piss-down in Estoril, Portugal all week and thoroughly ruin the Testing going on there for Moto2 - but then you wouldn't know anything about that, right? Rossi isn't in it. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

yawn..

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Move Phillip Island to Queensland

The whole island, like. Sorted!

Reply to this Topic