Skip to content

Discuss This No end to Cat & Fiddle speed camera scandal General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > No end to Cat & Fiddle speed camera scandal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

No end to Cat & Fiddle speed camera scandal

Britain’s first bike-catching average speed cameras are finally close to being switched on – weeks before they face the axe in spending cuts.Speed cameras bosses have at last fixed a cock-up that has delayed the scheme for a year, two months before they face redundancy.The cameras were installed last spring at a cost of £800,000 but have been dormant for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 February 2011 12:24)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

SIMPLE

Remove the back plate if you get pulled its just fell off officer im going to refit it when i get home.

Reply to this Topic
magmann

May 06

magmann says:

Not So Simple

Firstly, hope these wasters of public money are chopped and have to find a real job. From past articles in MCN, the Cheshire Partnership seem to be an arrogant bunch of turds. Secondly, if you were pulled in the Cheshire area for a missing plate, they might just photograph your bike and riding gear and then do a 'forensic' check against any speeders recorded through cameras without a plate. Small details may prove it was your bike and maybe that you were the rider. It would be difficult to argue that your plate had fallen off 2 or 3 times and I'm sure that they would try and do you for perverting the course of justice. It would look good when it got into the papers, wouldn't it? Another anti-social motopsycho removed from our roads...

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

great idea, with just one snag...

At which point you get imprisoned for perverting the course of justice

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

simpler

rather than saying your back plate fell off, easier to say you took the short cut

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

no escape--

this may put people off from "losing" their plates

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110215/tuk-finger-biker-fined-for-speeding-6323e80.html

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

even simpler dont go there
take your custom (if you stop to buy food or whatever else) and go elsewhere
its not really the solution but i dont know what my boss would think if i spent £800000 for the system to first not work and then not to catch anyone at all or at the very least low amounts of people speeding. That really would be the definition of Fail.......but funny.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

I agree..

..don't go there.

There are plenty of other roads to ride in the uk, give it the finger and move your custom elsewhere.

£800,000 of our tax money totally wasted.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Smudge

I often went out without checking my lights etc, and on my return, found out that I had a nasty smudge on my numberplate.  Gosh.

But then, I've only had 1 offence since 1980.  There's a time and a place... 

Reply to this Topic
downshift

Feb 10

downshift says:

Cat and Fiddle

This road is a favorite amongst Impreza drivers and the like too. They should have installed front facing ones as well, assuming they need a picture of the driver for prosecution? I heard this from somewhere, but it could be made up!

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

When i lived in Macclesfield 'The Cat' was my playground,i loved that road,police & almost traffic free.Then the mags such as performance bikes,fastbikes etc picked up on it & other riders with no idea how to ride the road turned up,binning thier bikes with monotonous regularity,attracting more filth & adverse publicity in the local rag,the Macc express,a more anti bike publication you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere.I stopped riding there over the wknds,unmarked bikes,cars & even a spotter plane all to hassle a few bikers,the upside was it meant i could go & wreak havoc throughout the rest of Cheshire safe in the knowledge the ride would be hassle free.So now the cameras are to be put into operation,the last piece in the traffic talibans jigsaw,the answer?Get up there with a disc cutter & fell one of them,no funding,no repair,problem solved.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices