Skip to content

Discuss This No end to Cat & Fiddle speed camera scandal General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > No end to Cat & Fiddle speed camera scandal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

No end to Cat & Fiddle speed camera scandal

Britain’s first bike-catching average speed cameras are finally close to being switched on – weeks before they face the axe in spending cuts.Speed cameras bosses have at last fixed a cock-up that has delayed the scheme for a year, two months before they face redundancy.The cameras were installed last spring at a cost of £800,000 but have been dormant for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 February 2011 12:24)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
exsup

Jun 06

exsup says:

Cams

£800,000 That would have kept the Harriers flying for a year

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

joeslow

Joe Slow,,,Your right why bother going on the same ride each week, 

This 80,000 quid is no one responsible for sighning off that cash  !!! Whos budget is it off  !!!!, Did any one get the sack (  I do hope soor will it be a cover-up as normal,  

MCN Why dont you NAME AND SHAME!!! I wanna know who is to blame. NOW!

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

@ACEEDSTORM

I can't believe you would use a public forum to encourage and entice what amounts to wanton criminal damage. The cameras were put there for a reason. To discourage wreckless and dangerous bike riding and, by definition, to encourage a safer and more responsible approach...wanna borrow my angle grinder?

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Have been using this road since the 60s , I think it was more miss-used then than now . Have been around the area most Sundays ,and on sports bikes its a real pain . If you see a cop car and very rarely a bike -you were pulled ,yet on the cruisers I have owned they have ignored me ,even on the odd day I am a bit giddy . This is another complete waste of taxpayers money by the anti-motoring Labour party , and why should bikers always have the sh*tty end of the stick . I hope this lot in government listen a bit more to us ,they have made a start by altering the new bike test ,although it should happen now not in the Autumn .

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Is it a cordless or would a stihl saw be available for me to use,Herbert?

Reply to this Topic
bigjames

Oct 02

bigjames says:

Well...

Amazing waste of one from some losers, who are about to lose their jobs. If it makes you all feel any better about the waste of money camera system, here in the US, one of our lovely insurance groups has funded a program for motorcycle only traffic stops. Completely unconstitutional, but the state of Georgia, kind of in the way when heading to Daytona, will start doing them next week. Just in time for Bike Week. Yes, in the land of the free. So much for our guarantee of equal protection under the law, must not include (like on your side of the pond) equal protection FROM the law.

Reply to this Topic
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Nobody's responsible

The public sector uses "Partnerships" to dilute responsibility and blame amongst an number of organisations so that, ultimately, nobody can be held accountable. If it looks like one is going to mess things up it can easily be broken up and reformed under a new title, absolving blame from those now "responsible" in the new partnership. I wonder what Jim Hacker would think? Anyway, a new partnership will be formed using many of the original participants and the cameras will continue to be used. Either that or it will just transfer to local authority control; Councils need the money generated by cameras to help fill the hole left by the cuts in their budgets. Just wait and see...

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

LETS ALL CHIP IN

If we all payed a lorry driver £1 each i dont know 300 bikers to do this im sure the nice lorry driver would put a chain around the camara and pull the £800000 thing down

Reply to this Topic
shortfletch11

May 10

MINORITY STRIKES AGAIN

this is my playground most summer evenings, and as usual a ridicolous amount of money has been wasted trying to prosecute a minority of ROAD USERS - yes that includes car drivers as well - and spoil it for everyone else instead of using the money constructively. everyone knows a ride with police presence and a ride without is much better, and no not to break the law, but to feel you can ride without being constantly watched, cheshire/staffordshire roads are a complete disgrace, with dangerous potholes everywhere, why not focus the money on this, or the armed forces/NHS/schools.  just another money maker for the government!!  absoloute joke!!  This road and area is famous for all the wrong reasons!!!

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

speeeed

what really annoys me is comments like "well you only need to worry if you're breaking the law"..

No - not true. There seems to be a massive proportion of the driving population who insist on driving 20mph below the speed limit if they see a camera. this spoils it for the rest of us...

there's a 30mph road where I live with 4 speed cameras on it in the space of a mile, the result is lots of people crawl down there at 20mph... you only need one moron to do this and it holds everyone else up.

When will people realise speed cameras will only get you if you're exceeding the limit, therefore you can hapily drive at the limit without getting 'done'... or even a bit over (if you date)...

it's not always the cameras that are the problem - people's perception also doesn't help!

Baz..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices