Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Gino Rea talks about 2011 WSS campaign World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Video: Gino Rea talks about 2011 WSS campaign

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Video: Gino Rea talks about 2011 WSS campaign

MCN caught up with World Supersport sensation Gino Rea at the recent MCN show for an insight into the 2011 season. In 2010 Rea ran at the front of the class, securing a third place podium finish at Silverstone during his rookie season. Rea is now in Australia and is preparing for next weeks official two day test at Phillip Island...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 February 2011 15:15)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Go on G can't wait for this yr to start!!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Oh Gino

mattleon: it's looks like there's 3 of us that have total belief, me, you & him.

I have a very, very good feeling about Gino and I suspect he's about to announce his arrival.

p.s is it me or does he have a hint of Sonic The Hedgehog about him?

Reply to this Topic
andyb1963

Sep 07

andyb1963 says:

Go go Gino

I think Gino is gonna be one of the front runners this year and I can envisage a battle with Sam Lowes similar to the 09 one between Cal and Eugene . Bring it on I'm conting down the days !

Reply to this Topic
keyboardwarrior

Sep 09

Podium regular?

I hope Gino can get some consistantcey because he had a bad finish to the season last year and finished up 9th instead of 5th and behind his teamate who he was clearly faster than.

At this level you simply cannot afford to have any dnf's or disqualifications (Germany) even when it is not possible to get a podium he must be next best for 4th and 13 points as I think his job this year even without Eugene, Kenan and Joan will be even tougher.

Gino though is a fighter and I'm sure will be scrapping for podiums all season long. I would love to see him crowned WSS champ (he only lives down the road from me)

Good luck Gino for this season my sky+ at the ready for all your races.

Fank Yu.

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Jamie...

Haha. I'm a bit biased tho as I Gino personally through a mate of mine and have been watchin him race since his first rides in the Euro Superstock 600 and I without doubt have a lot of faith in the lad! Wen my pal Scott first told me about him and introduced me to him he called him 'Valengino Rossi' lol. He's super talented believe me and is a hard hard grafter I'm telling u. Him and Shakey Byrne go on some insane bike rides (cycle) that leave me breathless just thinking about the kinda mileage they do haha. My only concern for Gino is the bike vs the competition. He's got a great crew chief who he's worked closely with for years but against the TenKates/Parkalgar's etc he's always gonna be on the back heel. And that's what made his achievements last year so impressive. You know the first time he'd ever ridden that bike was in Philip island the day before the race and he came on strong quickly throughout the year. That DQ in Germany too would have people believe the technical infringement gave him an extra second a lap but it was such a minor thing that that performance deserved more credit than he got. I can't wait to see how he goes this year. Go on boyyyy!

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Good on him, but ...

First, he has to get past the likes of fast Frog nutcase, Fabien Foret and Aussie, Broc Parkes who really does have a point to prove after such persistent bad luck. Spain's David Salom is another " hottie " along with France's Florian Marino on the other Ten Kate Honda. With quite a lot of new blood mixed in with what's left of the the hard old guard - WSS will be yet another fascinating Class to watch this year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices