Skip to content

Discuss This New Buell roadster – first look New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Buell roadster – first look

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

New Buell roadster – first look

Erik Buell Racing has released another teaser picture of what we believe to be its new 1190RS sportsbike. It promises to be the first new road-legal machine produced by the legendary designer, Erik Buell, since parent company Harley-Davidson pulled the plug on Buell Motorcycles at the end of 2009. Soon after, Buell left Harley and founded Erik Buell Racing to hand...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 February 2011 13:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Nice toolbox ( picture 3 ). Not sure about the colour though, that blue looks a bit flat I suppose it might grow on me though. :-)

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Mmm we'll see....

I generally like Buell but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm still not convinced that Buell, and the Americans in general, can make a genuinely good sports bike. However it does sound like they've put the effort in developing this one but out of all the people involved you'd have thought someone would've told them that the top of the fairing looks stupid!

Although alot of people really dislike the front of the S1000RR while I personally think is pretty cool because it's asymetrical face is something a bit different so each to their own I suppose.

Either way I bet it will gain at least 10-15kg with all the road gubbins on and a prohibitively stupid price tag to boot although I hope to be proven wrong as anything that is different and brings something new to the market is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

A What?

That's all nice, but it cannot be called a Buell. Erik lost the rights to that name back in December 2010. So whatever it is, it won't be called a Buell and will have to have a new engine, as the rights to the last version of the non-Harley V twin is not Erik's either. All very strange.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

whats up with the seat ?  did they fit a bit a black cardboad the bike does look good tho same about the seat

Reply to this Topic
ttaylor7575

Dec 05

ttaylor7575 says:

Wrong Pic

I wish Eric the best after the raw deal he got from Harley...BUT the pic is an 1125R not the 1190RS!

Reply to this Topic
SLIGHTLYMAD

Dec 05

SLIGHTLYMAD says:

Gotta admire the guys passion and enthusiasm!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices