You are in... Forums > General > General > Exotic Touring

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigphil62

Feb 11

bigphil62 says:

Exotic Touring

I'm planning a major adventure trip on a Triumph later this year. I'll be heading through the following countries (as wel as the onvious European ones)
Ukraine
Russia
Kazakhstan
China
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia
Thailand
If anyone's ever riden through any of these and had any advice or tips, I'd be eternally grateful.
Cheers
Phil

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 February 2011 15:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

exotic

:ph43r:only advice i have is have a decent set of testies on you.

some of them places are ruthles.

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

hot tip

Make sure your life insurance is up to date.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

@Phil

I have never ridden through any of these countries...yet, however as far as i'm aware in China you must employ a tourist guide who must stay with you while you transit.

Have you tried this website for any questions?

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

All the best!

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

I think you may be getting

exotic mixed up with sh*t hole.. I've been to Russia but admittedly before the wall came down. It was a little grim outside Moscow and St Petersburg. Now apparently it's grim but with the additional benefit of a high crime rate.

They are a little sensitive about any travel across China, particuarly the rural areas.

Good luck though

Reply to this Topic
emperortang

Jul 10

emperortang says:

exotic touring

hi mate, me and the oh rode 2200 miles from cape panawa(southernmost tip of phuket) up into thailand via hua hin,cha-am,  bangkok, kanchanaburi(river kwai) and back via loads of places over a four week period 5 years ago on a 500cc honda trail bike it was great fun. people very helpful broke key in fuel cap once about 8 locals came over in gas station to help! came across 4ft monitor lizards in the road(sharp turn around) monkeys,elephants allsorts. some areas no gas stations just 56 gal drums of fuel pumped up by hand into a glass measuring vessel and gravity fed into your tank. go for it mate is great experience, be wary of police, in some places fine people and you get no receipt or anything!so god knows were the money goes:blink: we never planned a route just hired bike and had maps and went as and where  it took us really.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle