You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Yamaha Majesty Drive Belt

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

southy1981

Sep 10

southy1981 says:

Yamaha Majesty Drive Belt

I have just brought a replacement drive belt and rollers for my 98 Majesty scooter. Was just wondering, as in the past i have used a impact wrench, whether this method will work on this type of scooter. Zip off the nut holding the variator on (after putting a dab of tippex so i know where to tighten it back to) replace belt and rollers then zip it back up.

Also is there anything that needs to be lubricated or greased when putting back together, as i am under the impression that it is supposed to be squeaky clean and grease free, well all the scoots i have owned in the past have been.

Thanks for your help

Andy

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 February 2011 17:18)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Changing Belt

I`m not sure about the Majesty but I had a 1992 Beluga 125cc and changed the belt by manipulating the front and rear pulleys . I was ready to remove the pulley nut but saw the mechanic doing it the easy way at Bob Wildings of Merthyr . You could try it on your Majesty .I have a 2003 Aprilia 250 Leonardo with 20,000 Km and haven`t felt the need to change mine yet .

Reply to this Topic
southy1981

Sep 10

southy1981 says:

Drive Belt

Thanks, what do you mean by manipulating the pulleys?

I have changed a drive belt before but have always had to remove the variator to do so, and as i want to change the rollers as well i will have to, so will the impact gun trick work on this type of scooter, and also will i need new variator shoes (the three little horse shoe shaped things)? Do i need to clean anything, obviously any dirt of dust, but dos anything need to be greased??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices