Skip to content

Discuss This BMW K1600GT - first ride impressions First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > BMW K1600GT - first ride impressions

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW K1600GT - first ride impressions

MCN Editor Marc Potter is at the world launch of the new BMW K1600GT. The new six cylinder 160.5bhp engine certainly seems to have impressed Potter this morning following 100km of mixed riding. Phoning in from South Africa, Potter said: ‘Unsurprisingly this bike is all about the creamy smoothness of the engine, it sounds like no other bike before it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 February 2011 09:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pyeo

Aug 02

pyeo says:

Criminally ugly dash

Seen and sat on this at shows and it's fine, except for that dash. It looks like a cardboard mockup for a model in Thunderbirds or some crap Datsun saloon of the seventies. I simply could not live with it. Am I alone?

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

It suits the type of bike it is. It would look wrong on the S1000RR. I personally wouldn't ride a bike like it anyway, I am not old enough.

Reply to this Topic
Majorjohn

Sep 08

Majorjohn says:

K1600GTL

With a bike like this the most important thing is how it copes with its weight. At over 100 Kgs heavier than my present R1200RT it needs to carry it low to have any chance to appeal to us short legged types. Im sure all will shortly become clear and Im looking forward to my European tour in June on one. The dash might look a bit ugly but if you have coped with a 1200RT one for the last 6 years this must be an improvement

Reply to this Topic
gra271

Feb 04

gra271 says:

bmw k1600 gtl

SAVED HARD AND HAVE ORDERED MY 1600 GTL. STARTED WITH A FS1E IN 1976 AND HAD ALL THE BIG BIKES INCLUDING CX500, XS1100, V.MAX, XV1300, VALLKARI 1500 , ROCKET 3, ALSO A FEW R1'S.UNLESS YOU HAVE RIDDEN A GOOD SELECTION OF BIKES, PLEASE DON'T KNOCK THE BIG BIKES... TRY RIDING AS MANY AS YOU CAN, THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE A BALANCED OPINION. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
gra271

Feb 04

gra271 says:

K GTL 1600

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I HAVE SOLD MY 08 HAYABUSA AND 05 BMW 1200 GTL TO PURCHASE THE 1600.35 YEARS OF SAVING, SO IT BETTER BE GOOD, I WILL SUBMIT A POST AFTER THE FIRST 1000 MILES AND GIVE YOU THE GOOD AND THE BAD. JUST TO MENTION THAT I AM 5.7 AND CAN GET BOTH FEET FLAT ON THE GROUND, HOPE THIS HELPS.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Looks great in the picture from that angle.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

gra271

dare I ask how much it is?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Pricing is the key.

Have just read about the revised GoldWing priced from £14500 for the base model ( or just a little bit more than an R1 ) which seems to be a hell of a lot of bike for the money. So the  BMW will have to be keenly priced  I guess.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I thought the GW was £23,000?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Strange !

Earlier,   Im sure It said £14500 Must be losing the plot.. Sorry

Reply to this Topic