Skip to content

Discuss This New Buell 1190RS superbike – first look New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Buell 1190RS superbike – first look

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

New Buell 1190RS superbike – first look

Erik Buell Racing has finally given us a complete look at the new 1190RS sportsbike which will be shown in public this weekend in America. The bike promises to be the first new road-legal machine produced by the innovative designer, Erik Buell, since parent company Harley-Davidson pulled the plug on Buell Motorcycles at the end of 2009. It should be more than...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 February 2011 10:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

scott22neale - completly agree id probaly change the can aswell as it looks out of place.

hopefully someone brave enough to put some money into race this in BSB or WSBK's

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

see now why couldn't they have made the 1125r look like  this originally, in my oppinion this looks brilliant aestheticly, i really like the look, so why couldn't they have done this with the 1125r in the first place? I hope buell come back properly and sell bikes we can afford again

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Great looking bike, and what the 1125 should have been in the first place. I admit that the headlight doesn't do it for me though and looks a bit dated compared to the rest of the bike in a 999 sort of way. I'd prefer to see a single RC8 style light but it wouldn'ty stop me buying one.

As for racing in BSB/WSBK, I'd love to see that as well, but they'll have to sell a few over here first to get homologated for BSB and nothing has been mentioned yet about dealers/distributors etc.  They are racing teh 1125 in teh AMA series but that was never homolgated here either for Superbike racing, so this couldn't even slip under the radar as a modifed 1125 :(   It could of course be raced in Sound of Thunder and open class racing :)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

buell

Like it, if only Buell had made a bike like this earlier instead of the dreadfull looking 1125R,

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
swordfish1234

Apr 03

reminds me of the aprilia rs250 of old

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

that looks cool.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Crackin

Well done Eric Buell. After the debacle and embarrassment of Harley Davidson binning his company, I am very glad to see him bouncing back. I used to have Buell XB12SS Lightning and the only thing that let it down, was HD UK being utterly cack at delivering parts and service. The bike itself was brilliant to ride and a superb looker. I am delighted to see that HD didn't break his creative spirit.

Reply to this Topic
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

Well Done Eric Buell !!

....great to see you bounce back after HD stole your name!!

EBR .... "Eric Buell Racing" on the tank still does it tho' and sounds more exotic.

Overall great looking, minimalist bike. As Stated below just needs a bit more work on the fairing nose and light. In profile very tasty...... 

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Nice

That looks good, much nicer looking than the usual rubbish that comes out of america trying to look like a sports bike

Reply to this Topic
donkeykong

Dec 10

donkeykong says:

penis

i think this bike looks like a penis

not a bad thing though as penis' are pretty streamlined

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale