Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs used 1000s First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs used 1000s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 vs used 1000s

Suzuki's latest 600 is so sharp we wondered how it would measure up against a superbike from just a few years ago - say, from 2003 when Neil Hodgson was WSB champion. So we asked Hodgson himself to find out.  brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 February 2011 17:37)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

lol

whatever happened to a fair test....try again with a control tyre and not everyone wants to do trackdays , unless you really want to blow £5k.

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Interesting video, it shows how far bikes have come on in the last few years. I'd pick the ducati for the sound alone, it sounds amazing.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Very interesting

They seem to really love the new 600 at MCN.   Doesn't sound like you could go too far wrong getting one.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ah the sound of ducati...

I absolutely love the Throbing Deep sound of a Ducati 916 on full chat, but what the hell is going on at tick-over, sounds broken.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

We'll see.

I went for the Mallory Ambulance Charity ride a few years ago and was riding across from Rutland to Hinkley with a new MV 1000 and Kawasaki ZX6, the MV was as you might expect but the Kawasaki was not fast enough, like no where near. Race tracks might prove a technicality but regular riders aren't willing to red-line the engine the whole time and on longer rides it shows.

Reply to this Topic
scottdiver690

Nov 09

Not convinced

Although i might agree that the new 600 Gixxer is streets ahead of the competition lets not forget that 90 % of road riders need compliant suspension and fat mid range, track bikes are perfect when they are 600 cc, i used to run an 06 600 RR on the track and could pass 1000's, however on the road it would be different, bouncing off the limiter at 14,000 is great fun on track but quite honestly its tiresome and frustrating on the street, sure you could ride the fireblade all day in 3rd or 4th gear in almost any situation.  Sometimes too a bit of weight on a sportsbike can be a good thing, has anyone seen our pot hole strewn roads and streets, i would rather be on the blade than on the Gixxer 600 getting bounced around our bumpy roads.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I have to agree that a race track review means one thing but the realities of daily commuting are another. Let's not forget the more recent trend toward making bikes smaller. Someone finding a 5 -10 year old liter bike to their fancy might find one of today's 600's too tight in the ergos. When I was young I would not have minded winding a 600 to its redline to extract power but would grow tired of it today. To each their own and as always, a good test ride is in order before buying.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Sat

On one the other day and had to get of and check the pegs as my legs were so comfy, I've nearly pulled a muscle getting on an r6. Will wait for the 750 before parting with cash

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

And the price difference?

I could probably buy the fireblade and another decent bike for what the gsxr600 costs, and in 3 years will be worth than the GSXR600 as well.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@scottdiver690

Couldnt of put it better myself mate..totally agree

I'm sure the gixxer is a cracker, but i'm not into screaming to the redline anymore, give me the blade, drop one tooth on the front............= WEAPON.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle