Skip to content

Ask an Expert Pirelli trackday pressures? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Pirelli trackday pressures?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Pirelli trackday pressures?

Where can I get recommended trackday pressures for Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas? I checked the Pirelli website but can't find any tech support contact information.

Thanks,

Ian.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 February 2011 11:43)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Subjective

That' a difficult one to tackle at the best of times, because pressures are dependant on the condition of the track, the weather, the style of riding, the bike being ridden, suspension settings etc.

What I normally do is knock 6psi of the standard cold temperature pressure (front and rear) for my GSX-R750 K5 and take it from there. I'm currently running Diablo Corsa IIIs.

Neil.

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Pirelli DRC trackday pressures

Yes I know it's impossible to state a definitive number I was wondering what would be a good starting point. It'll be my first trackday so I haven't a clue. From my research I was guessing 34/34 warm for a Pirelli road (DRC) tyre and a novice riding but to err on the high side initially. It's a litre bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Pirelli's

I contacted Pirelli about track day pressures for my Diablo Corsa III's a couple of years ago. As a starting point for an intermediate group track day rider they suggested 31/32psi front and 30psi rear.  Try contacting: tyres.moto@pirelli.com

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

First trackday

Seeing as it's your first trackday, I wouldn't bother worrying about changing your tyre pressures TBH. Keep with what is familiar to you, i.e. road pressures, and don't add any variables, you'll have enough to learn and take in without the added complication.

Instead, I would concentrate on learning the track, getting a feel for what it is like riding on a circuit with 40 or so riders around you, building your speed gradually over the day and staying smooth. There will be other trackdays to build upon what you have learnt and make alterations. 

Neil.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Ask an expert while you're there

I followed general paddock advice and knocked a few PSI off road pressures (36/42) for my 1st ever track session.  I think I started on about 33/36 front/rear when cool (Bridgestone BT015).

It took just four 20min sessions to get confident enough to start chewing the rear badly - it wasn't going to last the day.  A quick chat (and a few €) with Mr WP man sorted the suspension out, and by the end of the day we had the tyres right too - 31/28 (before running).  Soft enough to feel a little weird for the warm up lap, but great thereafter.  Didn't check pressures after cool down laps, but both tyres worked great for three whole days.

Okay, it was hot (Almeria in Oct), but be aware that litre bikes can generate a lot of heat and pressure, knackering grip and destroying tyres very quickly.

Reply to this Topic
dannywest

Mar 11

dannywest says:

tyre pressures

:biggrin:Hi , I am running pirelli diablo rosso corsas on a street triple R , great tyres but feel much better here in spain , on the road, not track but we ride fast  and wide mountain roads , 34  front and 38 rear is working nicely. when really hot..may even drop a couple more psi in the rear tyre ,cheers.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Similar...

Someone (that classic Web statement...:laugh:) rang Pirelli for road pressures and it was 35f/36r cold.

I generally go for ~35f/r hot for track days. The track day organisers are usually quite good at giving some starting advice as they all seem a little paranoid about road riders running high pressures...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle