General assen moto gp General

You are in... Forums > General > General > assen moto gp

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

JEZMAN74

Jul 06

JEZMAN74 says:

assen moto gp

hi everyone im looking for some advice. my lovely girlfriend got me tickets for the assen gp for my birthday! i know i am a lucky boy!! this will be my first ride abroad so any advice on best way to get to assen  would be most appreciated. thanks all..:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 February 2011 14:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

assen

look in the touring section there are a few threads their about assen.travel directions depend of where your from bud.exellent first trip abroad to motogp on a bike.:wink: doug

Reply to this Topic
Fazerpod

Mar 06

Fazerpod says:

Assen

When we went, we got on the Eurostar from Folkestone (lived in Kent) and then rode up via France, Belgium etc.  Really really boring ride.  In Holland the roads are so damn straight and wide it was no fun even on the smaller routes, they were the same as the motorways just with lower speed limits.

I'd say the route depends on where you live.  You can get on a ferry from Hull and also from Newcastle which might be a better option.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Get yer hotels booked NOW !

My mates always do the Gp in holand .He had the last room available in the "nicer" hotels in Groningen ( best place to stay, best fun ) I can recommend a hotel call the wouldzoom  in a village called speir or spear .Its a few miles from the track very nice but quiet in evenings .It has a spar ,steam room  and jacuzzi and very reasonably priced if you`re taking the missus.But Groningen is the THE town ( a cheaper mini Amsterdam ) Unless you can get a mate ti get you in a room at Asssen town forget it , you gotta book that  before Xmas all the french ,germans Spanish and the rest of Europeans all aim for there .Hope this has helped You .

Reply to this Topic
JEZMAN74

Jul 06

JEZMAN74 says:

cheers guys

cheers guys live in sheffield so think the hull ferry looks favourite. thought i might be leaving it a bit late for hotel so hope to sort soon as thanks will try the ones you mentioned cheers.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Stay in Groningen

Assen is simply too small to cope with all the visitors.

Bastion hotel about 10 mins outta town is good. Bit like a travelodge but with bar and breakfast. decent clean rooms and decent price.

Like others say route depends on where from.

we do Calais, Antwerp, close to utrecht then up the coast motorway is think route 7 but not checked, definitely better than the altenative via Amersfoort etc

Reply to this Topic
emperortang

Jul 10

emperortang says:

assen moto gp

hi mate me and ms are off to assen sailing on ferry from newcastle,our first time to assen going as its my 50th in june. staying in groningen from thurs til sun.depending on where you get ferry to from go on google earth easy to plan route on there. read feeds re assen 2011 on travel touring page mate

Reply to this Topic
emperortang

Jul 10

emperortang says:

assen moto gp

hi mate me and ms are off to assen sailing on ferry from newcastle,our first time to assen going as its my 50th in june. staying in groningen from thurs til sun.depending on where you get ferry to from go on google earth easy to plan route on there. read feeds re assen 2011 on travel touring page mate

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

camping

there is plenty of camping, but the longer you leave that you will be further away from circuit, as said b&b etc needs booking early,

the route i took was from calais, and if i remember right there is only three roads to remember, not very exciting,

but the atmosphere when you get there makes up for the shit ride, great flowing circuit....enjoy

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Yeah and

If you go on ferry, make sure you havnt drunk a good while before you get off and go into Holland.Oh and on race day and morning after aswell . Cos the cops are very keen with the breatherizer at the Hook port.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices