Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha unveils 2011 factory YZR-M1 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha unveils 2011 factory YZR-M1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha unveils 2011 factory YZR-M1

This is the new factory YZR-M1 machine Yamaha hopes will maintain its unrivalled domination of the MotoGP world championship in 2011. Unveiled at a press conference at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia this evening, the bike will run in corporate blue livery as Yamaha has been unable to find a new title sponsor to replace Fiat, as was revealed by MCN. Fiat...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 February 2011 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

aahhhaahhahhahh

What a BRILLIANT masterpiece ? It really fooled me  as I thought they were serious, just goes to show then-you can fool all the peolple all the time if you work at it.!

And there I was thinking it was  21st Feb and all the time they knew it was the 1st April,

FUNNY THAT ????

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

I wonder if Yamaha were offered Smoke sponsorship but turned it down, and I can't see Phillip Morris pouring millions into Ducati for much longer with out any visual recognition.  I think the last time I saw "Marlboro" on the side of the Ducati was Qatar 2009, and now they have got rid of the Marlboro bar code from fairings/leathers/helmets as well.

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

MotoGP is on it’s arse

MotoGP is on it’s arse.
I don’t bother to watch it anymore. 17 starters, 13 no hopers and dull Yamahas droning round winning everything.
Too bad that Bernie Ecclestone did not take it over when he had a look at it - but maybe he saw that the politics of shutting down WSB + MotoGP to make one viable marketable class were insurmountable.
Too bad that bitza building wannabees are going to take a financial bath in 2012 - let’s stick a Beemer motor in a custom frame and go rule the world is just not going to happen. Why ? The holes in the new 2012 prototype rules will invite some manufacturer to create a new wonder motor that will make everything else obsolete overnight.
Let’s face it. Aprilia got away with murder by not racing homologated engines this year. Ducati are crying crocodile tears about the costs of running WSB when they did the most to increase costs as they wangled the rules for years to run their increasingly obsolete motors. Someone, somewhere will do it all again.
What to do then ?
Copy Formula 1.
Shut down the 2 current classes and specify 1 high profile World Championship with clearly defined and enforceable rules on engines and everything else.
Make it a difficult class to get in and out of but attractive because it hogs all the worldwide publicity, TV and sponsorship money.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices