Skip to content

Discuss This Honda announces 2012 Goldwing upgrades New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda announces 2012 Goldwing upgrades

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Honda announces 2012 Goldwing upgrades

Honda has announced a series of upgrades for the 2012 GL1800 Goldwing, with updated GPS systems, storage space, bodywork and speaker sets topping the list. The GPS system will be accessible online, allowing riders to share routes, while the reworked faring will offer better lower body protection for rider and pillion. The 2012 Goldwing will be released to the US market in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 February 2011 11:02)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WingnutNL

Sep 09

WingnutNL says:

GL1800 Airbag

Here you go regarding test.

For those who do not believe in airbag on Motorcycle, see test by Germany ADAC with 2 GoldWings, 1 with and 1 without airbag. The airbag version would save the life in this test and the non airbag not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdEPp38xMGE

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

"New surround-sound audio system with ipod integration". I'll buy one when it includes a 52" Plasma display. :)

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

With a Honda Civic

You get two airbags, a strong safety cell and a heater.

Why anyone in this country would buy a Goldwing astounds me.

I'd buy a Fireblade and put the spare change in the bank.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

The video is pretty conclusive proof of the benefits of the airbag in a SMDSY. It looks as if the dummy may have had only superficial damage until the Wing fell on him and broke his leg!

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

AIR BAG

It's not conclusive at all, for the test it was pretty convincing but in order for the air bag to be of any use you would need to drive around looking for a high sided van type vehicle and ensure it pulls out just at the right moment for the air bag to be of any use, had the high sided vehicle been over to one side and the bike hit on the side the air bag may well have deployed and got in the way of jumping off the bike in time to save yourself.

In fact I can think of at least two collisions i have had that if an air bag had been fitted i probably wouldbn't be sitting here now.

All the video shows is if a wing hits a van in the right place the air bag may help to put you in a vegitative state for the rest of your life, with out it had you the time to see the van you could push from the bike and let the bike hit the van while you slide down the road.

with the bag you are locked onto the bike.

So only in a specific situation would an air bag be of any use.

I stand by what i said, an air bag to a real rider would be more of a danger than of use and as such is a complete waste of time and money, in fact perhaps they should run some real life scenario collisions and actions taken by bikers in the avoidence of said collision before they start fitting these things to other bikes.

Because they look lethal dangerous.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Not entirely convinced that the dummy was in control there....... maybe fitting an ejector seat would be of more use.

Reply to this Topic
downshift

Feb 10

downshift says:

Diesel

The problem with the diesel idea is they need iron blocks. The extra weight would probably not be a good idea on this bike! And any fancy new composite would probably price the Goldwing into extinction!

Reply to this Topic
jpooch00

Aug 09

jpooch00 says:

2012 Goldwing?

For some reason I was expecting something new after all these years.  This is nothing more than a warmed-over version of the same old dinosaur they've been cranking out for over a decade.

What a total disappointment - plus, the rear end looks like mismatched cheaped-out crap!

One big yawner. Guess I'll be going with the BMW K1600 GTL after all.  It will probably be glitch-riddled, but at least it's a new design.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle