Skip to content

Discuss This “Ducati of the sea” unveiled General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > “Ducati of the sea” unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

“Ducati of the sea” unveiled

This Ducati-branded powerboat was unveiled at the Miami International Boat Show on Friday. The “Cigarette Racing 42X Ducati Edition” offers 2,200 horsepower from a pair of staggered 1,100hp Mercury Racing engines, white and Ducati Red racing livery and interior, and a 120+mph top speed. The 42ft powerboat represents the first collaboration between Ducati and the Cigarette Racing Team. Ducati CEO Gabriele del...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 February 2011 12:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
banx

Feb 09

banx says:

John Player Very Special

how they gonna teach cigarettes to race a boat?

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Branding....

Is there anything they wouldnt stick a Ducati badge on these days?

Reply to this Topic
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

@rmbridge

Oddly enough Ducati used to make Marine diesel engines, my Dad still has one in his shed for some reason.

http://teambenzina.blogspot.com/2010/10/ducati-green-or-is-it-blue.html

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Cigarette/ DUCATI

Big boys toys!!!!!!!!!! The best powerboat in the world with the best bike in the world!! Makes sense to me!! Would go nicely with my Desmo!!

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Bag of ar*e!

These two product are as much aligned as I am to the Pope! A splash of red paint and an over priced logo do not make a partnership. And MCN, what relevance has this to any uUK biker? You whores Ducati!

Reply to this Topic
desmophil

Mar 10

desmophil says:

Marketing bofins

Ducati was once named the coolest brand, because it was precisely not doing that sort of cr*p

It stood for something, great racing motorbikes on track and road.

Since then, it does not quite win anymore on the track, the road bikes have somehow diverged from race bikes with mirrors and it seems to indulge in Harley style apparels and that sort of rubbish.

I am a Ducatisti and with age I do appreciate that they are bringing more livable bikes for the day to day so we can have 1 bike for commute another one for fun. (got an ST for commute and 3 others for track and road). But short of getting a Desmosedici, I have yet to move on from the 996/998 eras. I am making mine all Corse bike rather than getting new ones.

Seems like marketing is sticking its nose into everything now. 1098 brief was largely influenced by marketing. Much activity goes into the brand rather than the products. Well, they should stick to the roots and build great motorcylces for enthusiasts and the existing Ducatistis might augment their collection.

New Superbike better be good? If only next Sedici could be affordable? What about a great Desmodue or even better a Supermono?

Reply to this Topic
Frankyspain

Jun 09

Frankyspain says:

who gives a sh.t.  Motor bike dont float_)(*&^$

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Would make sens to me if the boat was powered by Ducati engines, not just Ducati stickers. But they'd need about 12 engines for that to happen...

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Stick to what you do best.

Riva do Italian boats period...........!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle