Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo: Spies is title threat MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo: Spies is title threat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo: Spies is title threat

Reigning MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo reckons new factory Yamaha team-mate Ben Spies will emerge as a serious title threat in 2011.Spies was Rookie of the Year in 2010 after a stellar first full season with the satellite Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad saw him claim podium finishes in Silverstone and Indianapolis.The Texan, who won the 2009 World Superbike title,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 February 2011 15:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Title threat hey???

Well that would make Spies a potential "Alien" if he is a threat to the championship.... but Lorenzo must be wrong as so many on here have said Spies wont be a challenger or join the other "Aliens" etc....  What does JL know hey......

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Jorge wasn't fazed by having rossi as a team mate so ben wont be ruffling his feathers too much i think

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I Beg to differ!!

It is a bit different as Lorenzo is number one in the garage and will have the pressure of a very fast and capable newbee moving in next door that is out to prove himself...

It will be a different kind of pressure for Lorenzo this year, similar to Rossi when Lorenzo joined him as nobody wants a new fast team mate from the off ...  I reckon it will only take Spies winning a couple of races to "ruffle Lorenzo's feathers" and it will soon put a stop to this blossoming pre season friendship!! wont be long until any data sharing is banned as Lorenzo will soon be a hypocrite and start doing a Rossi! He will be trying to keep that edge over his team mate by any means necessary!!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

He may like Ben know.

But once he gets into his mind thats when the fireworks will start as for Ben being a title challenger I've said no but liked to be proved wrong as I have stated.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

the mind games have started ....

Spies will have the pressure of expectation as much as Lorenzo this season, so it'll be interesting to see how the Texan responds.  He's got a factory bike ("Rossi's old bike" as I'm sure it will be known!) and the World Champion as a team-mate.  He'll also be expected to deliver regular podium performances .... we'll see.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

GOOD POINT

CosherB anything less than top 4 everyrace will be seen as a disappointment

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Mmm

this is a yamaha pat on the back and confidence building exercise...for a team with a bit of a headache

ben says jorge is great and vis versa....

JL won't be running away with it and spies im sure will nick the odd podium....

but come the end of the season...stoner pedrosa rossi and lorenzo will be the top four...its just in which order...??

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Odd podium.

He is more then a odd podium he got two in his rookie season while riding on lesser equipment and outperforming factory riders when he had the opportunity to do so he is more then a match for any rider including the four aliens.

Reply to this Topic
FingersYZFR6

Dec 10

FingersYZFR6 says:

Bull ****

JL is happy Ben is there, its all a PR thing IMO. When JL clinched the title Spies went out of his way to stop and say well done JL just blanked him totally. Now i dont think Spies will win i do think he will push the so called aliens and any sort of nice feeling will soon go from that garage.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

There were good feelings.

When Rossi was around at the start when Lorenzo first joined Yamaha then look what happened a year later the nine time champ unhappy with having a team-mate who is a threat and a title rival.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices