Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR600F to cost just £7055! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda CBR600F to cost just £7055!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

2011 Honda CBR600F to cost just £7055!

In one of the most refreshing and exciting bits of new bike pricing news for ages, Honda UK has just revealed that its imminent CBR600F will cost a seemingly very reasonable £7055. That makes the new sports all-rounder over £1500 less than Honda’s own CBR600RR supersports. The CBR250R, meanwhile, is set to cost £3688 (£500 less than its closest rival, Kawasaki’s Ninja...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 February 2011 17:01)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
havadingdong

Jul 10

havadingdong says:

Are you sure? Lets look at some FACTS rather than some ideas. In 2007 (yes I have a pile of magazines) a Yamaha YZFR1 was £8,999 otr. Now lets look at the actual statistics for motorcycle sales in the UK for the last few years http://www.ukbikesales.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5244:motorcycle-sales-still-on-the-decline&catid=70:all-about-bikes&Itemid=130 Sales dropped significantly from 2007-210. Sales are starting to pick up again and have been marked for a big increase as consumers regain confidence and have available finance. How do the manufacturers respond? By trying to convince you they have developed and spent money on amazing new components. Therefore, a 2011 Yamaha YZFR1 is £13999 otr. Lets break that down. That's a £5,000 hike. That's more than 50%. So, if there is a drop in sales, but an increase in price, the manufacturer still makes the same profit. Are we getting the best deal? As the market speeds up the manufacturer will make huge profits. Are you telling me a computer chip, a bit of titanium and carbon is worth the extra 5 grand?

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Price makes sense...ish

There are loads of reasons why the price increases so much...believe it or not they aren't just going to pluck a high number out of thin air and hope people go with it. Euro - pound is weak, prices rise. Material Prices - steel, aluminium, most common raw materials have doubled in the last 10 years (a massive hike in 2008)..polymers have gone up 10% in January alone!!! No parallel imports - manufacturers can't bring in cheaper bikes from Europe INFLATION - An R1 costing £8999 in 2007 is worth near enough £10,000 now just off inflation alone, and as for the £625 X7 in 1981 you can triple that for inflation. Stick on all the other factors and it all makes a little more sense. Should this continue now we're over the "hump" then it's a major concern but as the economy continues to recover they should flatten out and may even go down (KTM are obviously ahead of the game...)

Reply to this Topic
chmer20

Oct 09

chmer20 says:

yen

since '07 the yen has  nearly doubled in value vs the GBP (1 yen = .004 GBP in mid '07 and currently near .008 GBP). Also, as havadingdong points out, with fewer bikes sold, development costs need to be spread over fewer sales, so price goes up to cover that overhead. wonder if this will make it to the US, and if so what will it cost?

Reply to this Topic
bucksfizz

Sep 10

bucksfizz says:

Street Triple Better

£7055! The stunning Triumph Street Triple is a bargain at £6649. Why would any Brit biker want to ride Japanese, when you can buy a far better British bike at a lower cost? Also, at the moment belly pan, fly screen and radiator cowls are free! For just a little more than this meagre Honda, you can get the storming Street Triple R. Bike British - ride with pride.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I would have to agree with bucksfizz's comments. Personally it's not even a competition I would in no way consider one of these bikes over the street triple, it must give the japanese lot a headache but hopefully they will follow suit, peoples tastes are changing, people want bikes that are fun to ride on the road and atleast a little bit practical and dont cost the world to buy or run, I must confess to being one of these people, I used to ride a zx6r but didn't do any track days just rid on the road fast, but there's only so much you can do with a fully commited sportsbike on the road, well atleast where i live that is

Reply to this Topic
maillotjaune7

May 09

Hornet

Well if its out like my old 2008 Hornet then its a cracking bike! Some fairing makes it better for touring. Obviously £7055 is alot to asked for this bike IMHO and like most have said the Triumph Street Triple rocks and is British! This bike faces stiff competition alongside bikes like the Street!

Reply to this Topic
svdv

Sep 10

svdv says:

If they throw in

a rear hugger and rear seat cowl for free then it would probably be quite tempting. It's hard to know how the price will sit. Some will find it hard to swallow the fact that a faired Hornet now costs as much as a GSXR 600 cost a few years ago, and realistically the £7000 price tag puts it out of the range of many as a "first bike", especially when you compare it to say a 2009 Fazer 600 that you can get nearly new for £4200. It still should be a great bike, but I think I'd be waiting until I see an ex demo or similarly nearly-new bike for around the £5500 mark.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Ho ho!

The only reason MCN thinks this is cheap, is because new bikes in this country are hugely overprriced.  For example the CBR250R that is "cheap" at 3688 pounds in the UK..... costs 2500 pounds in the USA!  We need to stop buying new bikes until it forces them to bring the prices down.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Bike prices v Car

A few people on here are comparing prices of bikes / cars from years ago, it is impossible to build bikes as cheaply as cars due to the volume of car sales meaning prices can be significantly lower, taking a Ford KA and comparing it price wise to the new CBR is pointless as Ford will sell hundreds of thousands more of those than Honda will CBR's, a lot is down to the economies of scale.

If you look at the fact a Fireblade when it was launched in 1992 was appx £9k and is now appx £11k that is not a huge increase in 19 years, we need to be realistic.   

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

rmbridge

Great plan well thought out, lets all stop buying new bikes causing the used bike prices to rocket up, while the new bike prices stay the same........outstanding plan!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices