Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR600F to cost just £7055! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Honda CBR600F to cost just £7055!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

2011 Honda CBR600F to cost just £7055!

In one of the most refreshing and exciting bits of new bike pricing news for ages, Honda UK has just revealed that its imminent CBR600F will cost a seemingly very reasonable £7055. That makes the new sports all-rounder over £1500 less than Honda’s own CBR600RR supersports. The CBR250R, meanwhile, is set to cost £3688 (£500 less than its closest rival, Kawasaki’s Ninja...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 February 2011 17:01)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

isnt

it just a hornet with a fairing on, pls confirm, any can confirm this

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

A First Big"n" Maybe

Its not dirt cheap but its not unreachable for many people which will make it a great first big bike for many. It looks better than you average stock 600 entry bikes and yes its a hornet in a skirt but is the hornet a terrible bike! Its more than powerful enough for you average road rider, granted I wont be chopping my GSXR in for one but if I was after my first decent big bike I would take a serious look at it. Lets not forget the state of the market so any bike which helps get more bikers on the road is a good thing in my book.

Reply to this Topic
winton

Apr 07

winton says:

Doh!

I was looking forward to the introduction of this bike but it has turned out to be a big wet let down.

It needs a mainstand, grabrail ( useful not only for pillions but for strapping luggage to ) and a hugger as standard. This bike has zero space under the seat for storage and the engine has practically zero torque.

The predecessor was a better bike in every respect. Shame on you Honda you have truly lost the plot!!

Reply to this Topic
bornbiker1962

Mar 10

Oh Dear

I thought this bike would be for the ordinary rider.  That price is not very reasonable considering the market.  A grand over I think.  Sorry, but as  usual the journalists are out of touch.  Does not seem too user friendly either.  Nice looking though. Personally I will stick with low milage second hand low tech bikes that are far better suited to every day use and are affordable and easy to maintain.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Torque

64Nm = 47Ft/Lbs

75kw = 100bhp

That's HARDLY zero torque now, is it?? A 2009 GSXR 600 only produces approx 45Ft/Lbs torque

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

So it's more expensive than the old one was in 2007, even adjusted for inflation, despite having a lower specification.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Looks very nice in black

.. but I wouldn't go for the white/blue white/red colours myself, yuck.

There's not much wrong with the Hornet derived engine, but that exhaust is not my cup of tea.

I would think the aftermarket boys would do good business selling replacement better looking pipes unless they muck the styling up by going down the naff looking serpentine route.

Suspension should suit most riders I guess, but may need a bit of sorting for the more sporty owners.

The fairing has lost the air scoops of the old 600F and looks the better for it, to my eye that is.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices