Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi thrilled with Ducati progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi thrilled with Ducati progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi thrilled with Ducati progress

Valentino Rossi's confidence that he will be challenging at the front on the Ducati GP11 machine in the early part of the new MotoGP season grew in Sepang today, despite the Italian finishing the opening day down in ninth position.With his right shoulder markedly improved from the opening Sepang test earlier this month and his riding style becoming more accustomed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 February 2011 16:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Mwahahahahahaaha

that ol'devil is back

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

lap time

rossi's time was  2m 1.999s with a race tyre on a ducati. he hasnt used a softer one.....

rossi's best time on the yamaha with race tyres was 2m 2.117s and he just happened to be the fastest yamaha. (sepang gp 2010)

why isnt rossi and ducati worried?

because you can only race with race tyres.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Good to hear he's getting there

The GP11 body work has changed a fair bit too. Much lither than earlier. The machine looks better than it's ever done.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

FUNTASTIC SEASON

It is beginning to look as if we may finally be rewarded with a season of close exciting racing with several riders in the mix on at least 3 different makes of machinery. We could also have at last another rider apart from Casey that can get the best from the Red machine. Bring it on. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
FatWannabeBiker

Feb 11

Rather Ominous

He is only a second off the Honda with a knackered shoulder and using race rubber... I am off to the bookies to get odds on him winning the first GP.... It all looks rather ominous to me, and I reckon his motivation is sky high as he has never been the underdog before, and would imagine he feels winning this fight would be his greatest achievement...  I am now excited about this season... should be good..!!

Reply to this Topic
ginge46

Mar 09

ginge46 says:

EEEERRRMMM!!!!

Testing as usual means little but would you really bet against him??? Not sure myself, its sure gonna be interesting this season hopefully Rossi's development skills will bring the rest of the ducatis up to some sort of strength so at least they  will be more competative and not just the works bikes up the sharp end!!! Cant wait for it to kick off, still think if Stoner dont start throwing it in the gravel he is gonna be a force to be reckoned with........

Reply to this Topic
jono916

Apr 10

jono916 says:

wosideg

You could also take it as Casey Stoner has won 3 of the last 4 qatar races, and should have been 4.

Reply to this Topic
wilf cook

Feb 08

wilf cook says:

Great to hear

Nice to hear Valentino, getting a Feel for the Ducati, Good, All the Best.  Wilf@Anne

Reply to this Topic
Bruno1200

Oct 08

Bruno1200 says:

I thought the wings would disappear..............................

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

One hell of a force is coming...

Its a matter of WHEN not IF Rossi transforms the Duke into 'his' ideal bike he will have both the power and handling to take on the rest of them.

I'm tipping Qatar won't see him try and prove anything but see what he can do and finish as high as possible. He'll let the 'sibblings' fight it out and wind each other up. But come the proper Euro rounds I dare say it'll be the 'Doctor and the Duke' on top form at least enough to fight for wins.

Whoever thinks Stoners form means a Championship Title need to look at 2008, 2009 and 2010 to see how qualifying and testing are two very different animals.

Pedrosa for the Championship. ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices