You are in... Forums > General > General > DVLA STEALING BIKE LICENCES

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

DVLA STEALING BIKE LICENCES

i am posting this for MIKE ROTHERHAM not myself ... please can someone say if it has happened to them, and how to sort it out... MCN  need too look into this...

Butt fucked, shagged sideways call it what ever you want, the DVLA have fucked up big time !!!!!!!

Saturday morning I got my photo card license back from the DVLA minus catagory 'A'.

spent the biggest part of Saturday on the phone to them and all i can get out of them is "sorry sir, we have no record of you ever passing a category 'A' test !" the Bastards have my car test in '82 but no bike test from '79.

My insurance that i took out a week ago is void, i have to pay a £50 cancellation fee on that and open a new policy as a provisional rider at double the price ( £110 ) and take a CBT another £105 before i can legally use the bike on 'L' plates again.

My options are at this moment , either say fuckit and pack bikes in or go back to square one and do the cbt, theory, part1 and part2.

There`s a possibility of getting a CBT tomorrow with a local school if they get a cancellation, but at this moment i'm just too pissed off to contemplate going back to L's

help needed for this genuine biker problem..

THANKS

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 February 2011 21:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Another civil service department that should be shut down.

I deal with the DSA ( dont get me started) And this is another episode of a government depatment thats incompetant sack em ! they`re f**king lazy penpushers who`d be be sacked in their first week in the private sector .We had the leader of the comunication union bleating on the radio last week about how unfair all the cuts  n job losses in the pubic sector .Bollocks !they had their chances to get their act together and they ve blown it .This poor bloke has had his life made harder and is out of pocket because of some lazy  cant bebothered I wont be repremanded penpusher,It HAS to change ! Sell the DVLA to the private sector they got to do a good job or its moved on to another business and things will probably be cheaper cos the paying public wont have to contribute to a penpushers fat pension ,generous holiday and sickie entitlement !

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

On a related matter

a friend of mine recently took his CBT. He was delghted to have passed and bought a new 125 which he rode for the next few weeks. 

Everything was great until the police stopped him. He gave his licence in only to find out that there was a discrepency between the photo I.D and the paper licence. There was no provisional bike entitlement on one of them (cant remember which one). He had a £60 fine and 3 points on his licence. Maybe he should have checked but he has never had a licence before and thought that the DVLA should know what they are doing.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

THANKS ALL

for your input on this, these DVLA idiots make my piss boil, just one wrong input on the computer and your licence is gone, and they admit nothing...

will pass on your advice to mike, and hope he can win his bike licence back... he just had to pass a cbt just so he can ride his 125, ffs, and he has had a bike licence since 1979:mad:...
think he has made a appointment with a solicitor, so will let you know how he goes on..

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Not much help now but when I had to change my address details I took it into the local DVLA office and got them to photocopy and stamp my existing licence before sending it away.

Luckily it all came back intact, but I had official proof of my status.

The nice lady took great pains to explain that the problem no longer existed but even so I wanted proof positive - seems I was justified.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

No help to MIKE R

but, have been told to tell DVLA that you've lost your licence when you need a replacement.  Keep the 'lost' one until your new one comes back fully in order

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

license

If it were me, I'd contact BBC Watchdog.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

if you can find some thing with a copy of you license on it then you will need to sit the new rubbish test but on the other note he has a 125cc cg any how

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

try

contacting ACIC and see what his advice on this would be, I know he is an accident lawyer however he is pro biker and would give good guidance.

edit due to bad smelling.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Try

....checking with the DVLA if you have renewed a tax disc online through the web site, as there will be a record of your details, How can they send you a reminder to tax your bike if you have not got insurance and a valid mot?

Worth a bash, at the end of the day these people are fuckers, reading this article made me go and check my own copies of my test pass certificate and CBT, yep i have them but i should'nt need them to prove i have passed, their computers should know this.

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

When I had to renew I told them it was destroyed. Really, I kept it and now have a spare licence, beat that. They will not accept a photocopy. Where are the IRA when you need them?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices