You are in... Forums > General > General > DVLA STEALING BIKE LICENCES

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

DVLA STEALING BIKE LICENCES

i am posting this for MIKE ROTHERHAM not myself ... please can someone say if it has happened to them, and how to sort it out... MCN  need too look into this...

Butt fucked, shagged sideways call it what ever you want, the DVLA have fucked up big time !!!!!!!

Saturday morning I got my photo card license back from the DVLA minus catagory 'A'.

spent the biggest part of Saturday on the phone to them and all i can get out of them is "sorry sir, we have no record of you ever passing a category 'A' test !" the Bastards have my car test in '82 but no bike test from '79.

My insurance that i took out a week ago is void, i have to pay a £50 cancellation fee on that and open a new policy as a provisional rider at double the price ( £110 ) and take a CBT another £105 before i can legally use the bike on 'L' plates again.

My options are at this moment , either say fuckit and pack bikes in or go back to square one and do the cbt, theory, part1 and part2.

There`s a possibility of getting a CBT tomorrow with a local school if they get a cancellation, but at this moment i'm just too pissed off to contemplate going back to L's

help needed for this genuine biker problem..

THANKS

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 February 2011 21:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

thats not good i will be up dateing my one in 3 years. but i have my pass certificate in case any thing happends

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

just a thought

ever rented a car? could be that rental agency (if Hertz or Avis) has copy of licence on file...

or ever had a loan bike? If so then dealer will have copy of licence...

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Happens all too often

This has been happening for quite a few years and is in part due to a fire at the DVLA offices that destroyed records. The DVLA is however now rated primarily on how much revenue they can bring in and loosing peoples entitlements means more revenue cos they have to retake tests.

As has been posted previously it has become essential that prior to renewing your licence or adding additional entitlements you MUST get a duplicate licence. The DVLA will only ever admit their mistaken when you can conclusively prove they have removed entitlements you really had. Prior to upgrades etc inform DVLA that you need a duplicate licence due to missplacing the original.It will cost a little bit of money but let you know if they're going to conveniently loose your entitlements. If the licence comes back incorrect then you've got the original to proove their mistake. When you upgrade you also have the back up to proove if there's a mistake.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Not sure what

to do about licence mike, but there should be a 14 day cooling off period with any insurance policy sold, so you may not have to part with the 50 notes.  What ever, don't give up the bike

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

Always keep coppy lisences !!!

Sorry to hear what hppend

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

As I understand it

you can send SAE to DVLA with the licence, and they send back the old one with th corner cut, as with passports.

Don't know how to prove a DVLA fuck up unfortunately though - maybe worth trying your MP, cuz it's happened a few times...

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

For Christs sake

Are they still doing this?
The DVLA are fraudsters in my opinion and should be prosecuted for such.
I'll never send them my licence, ever.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm bloody angry. Grrrrrrrr

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Bike test

Ever taken a test ride at a dealership?  They should have a copy of the licence.   Maybe you can call the test centre where you originally passed, they might have your records on file.   Ever got stopped by the police, and had to show up with all the right documentation?   They might have a record of the incident.

Even if the police stopped you for a check and you had the licence on you, you'll be able to quote that reference - the pig wouldn't have let you ride on without seeing you were entitled to do so.

What about the insurance company you took out the last policy with - they have access to your licence details (for points, bans etc.), so they'd certainly be able to verify that you were entitled to bikes.

In the AA, RAC or anything?  They offer legal protection sometimes, and this is a case that might need representation if the DVLA aren't playing ball.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices