Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Daytona 675R first ride: 'The most exciting middleweight' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Daytona 675R first ride: 'The most exciting middleweight'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Daytona 675R first ride: 'The most exciting middleweight'

The Triumph Daytona 675R is simply a Daytona 675 with lots of very desirable goodies to make it a track day weapon and, in the right hands, a formidable tool on the road. The 675R boasts three major add-ons. First, white paint and red powder-coated subframe. Second, front and rear suspension from Ohlins. Third, Brembo race-spec monobloc calipers and master cylinder. Here's...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 February 2011 15:53)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

LOL....!

" Maybe the best bike ever made". :-0 Seriously!

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

Old Dog Grows Older

Triumph should be worried by the approaching MV F3! Time for a new sexier Daytona?....I think so.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

LESS THAN 1 PER CENT

A deadly track day weapon and and a formidable tool in the right hands on the road, I guess that rules out 99.9 per cent of us then. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

675 R....RIGHT!!!

I'll say this again but this is the bike Triumph,should have produced when this 675 version first appeared a few years back.

The bike looks a million dollars,Brembo,Ohlins,red frame,White body work,etc.However,i would have thought triumph would have fitted Termignoni's and lighter magnesium wheels?:huh:

As usual,the bike will cost more than the standard,in fact,there's nowt much wrong with the standard 675,but this bike has an EXOTIC look,and should still be competitive alongisde the Ducati and M.V......:unsure:.

I hope,Triumph don't statrt to go down the road the old British bike industry did,in opting to choose themselves what, THEY THINK is APPROPRIATE for the road users and not the road users themselves, as this was the death knell for the bike industry in this country.:ph43r:

Listen to what the buyers want and look at the trends going on round about,because its v.easy to slip the net and get left behind, very quickly, in this world today.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Major?

MCN says "The 675R boasts three major add-ons. First, white paint and red powder-coated subframe...."

Eh? A lick of paint is a major add on? WTF. Did the previous 675 not come painted?

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

if

if carlsberg made motor bikes.......

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

I am a die-hard Triumph fan.I love my Street to bits. Also,I am considering buying the Speed 2011 when I come into some cash (this is NOT a hypothetical - one of life's tricks will bring me some cash after a separation). HOWEVER, "the most exciting middleweight" I would have to say is a tall order. Given the chance,I would certainly go for the MV Agusta F3. In the presentation videoI was trying to watch the eye-candy with long dark hair. But, I couldn't take my line of sight away from the bike. It is sparkling, explosive sex with two wheels. The DaytonaR is basically the Dayto with some luxury add-ons.

Reply to this Topic
smartroad

Aug 07

smartroad says:

I think I made my pants sticky... I want one!!!!

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

Tempting!

I'm almost tempted to get rid of my litre bike for one of these!!! hhhmmmmm.....Very tempting!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle