Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ‘worried’ as Ducati struggles in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ‘worried’ as Ducati struggles in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ‘worried’ as Ducati struggles in Sepang

Not even Valentino Rossi could put a positive spin on his Sepang MotoGP test struggle after the Italian was left outside of the top ten and nearly two seconds off the pace in Malaysia. The 32-year-old climbed off his sickbed after being struck by a fever yesterday (Wednesday) but he was unable to make significant progress in solving turning and cornering...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 February 2011 15:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Two now perpetuating the same bollocks

in order to slag Stoner - pathetic. Same tired lines and Stoner slander from Wosideg and Hugelean littler both MCN and motomatters. None of the educated posters on this site keep regurgitating the same dross to attack any rider. Casey using Nicky's settings. Never happened. Did they share data? Yes, that's what they do in a team. A policy which continues in the new yellow and red era. Did Stoner try settings similar to Nicky's. Quite probably. But remember little detractors Stoner was running 42mm forks and Nicky decided to stick with the 48's. So your point is what?

As for Evilfish and the average lap time. What sort of fantasy is that you're peddling? There is no 'average' lap time figure. All the factory Honda and Yamaha riders had a superior race pace to Rossi, and a few others besides I dare say.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Interesting? It's specious & meaningless

Rider A does 3 laps. Rider B does 19 laps. Arbitrary nonsense. That's even stretching the lies, damn lies and statistics adage.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I must admit...

I noticed the laps after i posted that and i agree, you cannot actually take anything from that at all! also, we dont know if all riders were pushing for a fast time within those laps either, I will shrivle back up under my rock now...... Good day!

Reply to this Topic
evilfish57

Feb 11

evilfish57 says:

nostro

Its no fantasty that im peddling i was just relaying the imformation that was on motogp.com so climb down off your high horse for a bit! Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

O.K Evilfish

I've found the article you refer to. Nonetheless it is nothing more than mischievous nonsense. Very unlike motogp.com to stir to tabloid pot.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Me neither Nostro, it's been on most sites. Nicky was interviewed. he was doing better than Casey in the first half of last year as you will remember, Nicky said that he was pushing the softer package and Casey the stiffer one, when Casey started using the softer package his results improved. If you have documented evidence that proves otherwise post it I'll be happy to read and accept it. As for the stats I don't know what it means , as Casey and Dani were much faster than Rossi but all riders did over 100 laps which should be enough to post a reasonable stat..

Reply to this Topic
evilfish57

Feb 11

evilfish57 says:

average laptimes

Nostro, i do agree that the laptimes on motogp.com are pretty much nonsense , but stoners averages times do look good and he done a fair few laps too. If he can be consistant this year he's gotta be the favourite for the title!!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

LOL! Avg lap time my ass!

Rossi's "average" was taken from only 6 laps. It's very surprising that Motogp.com would write such crap. And from what I've read, Rossi hasn't been able to make the hard front work and has been using the soft front. No one using the soft front in the race. If the case being he hasn't been able to use the hard and set his times on the soft front, he's in a bigger pile of poo than what any of the times say.

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

Stop slagging Stoner, the bloke is a motorcycle GP legend. look the stats say it all LOL

2003 5th
2004 2nd
2005 2nd
2006 8th
2007 1st
2008 2nd
2009 4th
2010 4th

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Bloody hell

if the MotoGP season is as heated and varied as the opinions below then we are in for a corker...

Good luck everyone with the reasons/rationals and posturing - its WSBK time now.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices