Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: I could have gone faster! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: I could have gone faster!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: I could have gone faster!

Casey Stoner extended his golden run of form on board Honda’s 2011 factory Honda RC212V today, the Aussie completing his domination of the Sepang MotoGP test in stunning fashion. The track had barely been open for 15 minutes this morning when Stoner clocked a 1.59.968 on his first flying lap. Taking full advantage of the more favourable cool conditions just after 10am,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 February 2011 16:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Make the most of it 27...

Because Pedrosa will easily beat you in a race. Stoners biggest strength has and will always be an open track setting qualifying laps every lap. If he doesn't get away in the race (and sometimes even when he does) its the pressure he,puts in himself that cause his crashes. Combine this with Pedrosa knowing Damn well he can do whatever Stoners can easily on that bike and we'll have some serious racing. Pedrosa for the title 2011. ;)

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I'm getting deja vu, it's 2008 all over again. Dani or Jorge for the title unless Rossi finds a miracle cure, apparently the bike has the legs, it's just knockneed...

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

I don't know.

If Pedrosa will beat Stoner very easily on the Honda I think it will be close.

Reply to this Topic
Westymr2

Sep 10

Westymr2 says:

MCN Fantasy Road Race

Glad i picked stoner as my No 1. Looking at his stats throughout testing looks like he's a good bet! Honda want the last 800 title BAD. Think it will be between stoner and pedrosa this year. Not a great fan of either to be honest, just think this is how it will pan out. Excited for the first race! :)

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

So could I !!!

I am thinking of sueing Stoner for copyright infringement. He is using my phrase; "I could have gone faster"; quite regularly in the press ever since he got on that Honda. Then again he can afford a pretty good legal team and I have to admit I have overheard countless other riders in paddocks, pit boxes, and circuit bars across the land say it the same way so I may have to reconsider my position.

Can I just ask a little favor from my MCN forum friends? If you have read, seen, or overheard any other riders you know or have knowledge of, using the phrase "I could have gone faster", please respond to me with names, dates, and places or any information you can recall. Your responses will help me to determine whether or not I have a worthy case against Mr. Stoner. and whether or not to proceed with legal action. If I do win all compensation awarded will go towards a MCN forum experts beer tent, kiddies bouncy castle area, VIP toilets, and cardboard cut out targets of Rossi, Stoner, and JT (with your choice to hurl eggs or horse excrement) at the 2011 British GP.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. WWB

Reply to this Topic
justacardriver

Mar 10

RossiDukeBiker46

Here,here. he'll be under pressure and bin it

Reply to this Topic
monkas

Mar 06

monkas says:

casey,n,dani

stoners transition from ducati to honda is no real suprise as he is one fast dude people who carp on about his tendancy to crash under pressure albiet a fact,obviously don,t listen to what he said about the ducati when it,s fully fuelled at the start of a race he has to go for the flyer because if he just takes it easy the front runners are long gone and by the time the bike comes back to him it,s over, and being able to as fast so soon as he starts to qualify speak,s volume,s for the kid,s abilty as for dani if stoner as a team mate does,nt motivate him to mount a strong challenge then nothing will and this is probably his last shot at this before the rule change 2012,still think lorenzo the man to beat this year spies might nick one or two wins rossi will surely win but he all ready know,s he,s got his work cut out with that animal of a bike that up to now only stoner,s mastered up to now

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Thats an interesting point

however, I think CS has only 2 speeds. Flat out and dead stop. And I think it unnerves him when he's up front, going flat out, but still getting reeled in

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

The last time Casey said he could of gone faster he was out of contention by the 3rd race of the season. Does that count. It was Qatar March 2010 test. Plus ca change...

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

williewheelbreaker.

I believe the worst offender in the I could've gone faster lawsuit would probably be a certain Mr  Doohan. he often used this phrase whilst standing on the top step of the rostrum having destroyed the opposition. I believe he used it as a form of psycological warfare to unsettle his opponents. It seems to have worked.

I hear it was also a favorite of his compatriot Mr Gardner, although he usually finished the sentence with "if that f###ing thing hadn't been trying to kill me.

I hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices