Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: I could have gone faster! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: I could have gone faster!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: I could have gone faster!

Casey Stoner extended his golden run of form on board Honda’s 2011 factory Honda RC212V today, the Aussie completing his domination of the Sepang MotoGP test in stunning fashion. The track had barely been open for 15 minutes this morning when Stoner clocked a 1.59.968 on his first flying lap. Taking full advantage of the more favourable cool conditions just after 10am,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 February 2011 16:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

Maybe it's an Aussie thing.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

so why....??

did he not go faster...maybe like rossi he was sandbaggin....lol...(sarcasm)

casey's problem is he does'nt do banging handlebars....he gets un nerved...he needs to win by 5 seonds or he wont win...

yeah he s been good in testing, but racing is totally different.

i hope dani wins but casey WILL be a contender...as hard as it is for me to say... ;-(

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Stoner was fast and consistant in 2007 so what made him not so in the years following?  Maybe whatever it was that dented his confidence or caused him to push into front end crashes isn't following him into his year on Honda. 

We won't know till racing starts but I think (and hope) the racing will be closer and harder this year with more fast guys.  I also think Rossi will be up there despite the illness and not being able to test properly.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

AND

Yea, I did see the Laguna race in 2008 when Rossi beat him by sheer will.  I don't think that broke Stoner but I think it woke him up to see he can't just get away by speed alone but by guile, cunning and race craft. 

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

rossi v stoner

put them on the same bike and rossi would come out on top every time, stoner will never achieve what rossi has done.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

I agree...

But everyone is crashing Stoner out before the season even started.

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

leecho

Are you serious?

You HAVE seen what Stoner and Rossi can do on the same bike for the past three tests INCLUDING AFTER Rossi and Burgess has input into the development.  They have even admitted going back to using the 'standard Ducati settings' - not my words - because they are better which can ONLY mean he is going back to Stonerish settings.

There are none so blind as will not see.

I am NOT shoehorning in Stoner into the 2011 title, but I for one will not be the least surprised if Rossi fails to podium at all this year - I will be astonished if he gets more than two wins, and I don't expect any wins.

This is the first time Rossi has had in his career what might be termed an 'ordinary' level bike.  Does anyone here really think that his performances at Ducati would have merited him being picked out and feted on what we have seen these past tests? 

Unless there is a very significant and dramatic improvement from Rossi and Ducati in the first four races there will be a very strong case for a wholesale reassessment of his achievements to date which have been on the back of a gold paved path and against, for the most part, mediocre (by world level standards) competition.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

My honest prediction for Qatar...

Rossi qualifies off the front row as will probably happen for the first 3-4 races. Such is his wierd approach!!! Stoner qualifies pole and becomes favourite for Championship, with Dani second, Lorenzo third and Spies fourth, Dovi fifth. Lights go out and Stoner cannot believe the start Pedrosa gets over him. In the desperation to catch him and win the race in the first half a lap (like he does) he comes massively unstuck and fluffs a corner bigtime, gets passed by Lorenzo and Spies and if he doesn't bin it finishes off the podium. Has a tantrum about the other racers beating each other up and spends the rest of the season on a 'rage' at Pedrosa being the number one at Honda!!!

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

chc-pr

rossi is not 100%, and maybe past his best, yes stoner is a talent ( god did i say that lol) but in my opinion he wont achieve what rossi as done.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Christ Stoner just rolled out of bed

Jumped on the RCV and did a two minute flat lap on his very first flying lap of the day! Pedrosa warmed his tyres up a little more cautiously and only did a 2:02 for his first flyer. They both immediately ducked under the 2:00 barrier on only their second laps of the day. This is confidence. The talent of the elite is beyond comprehension.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices