Skip to content

Discuss This Checa on provisional pole, Laverty on front row World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Checa on provisional pole, Laverty on front row

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Checa on provisional pole, Laverty on front row

Carlos Checa maintained his relentless pressure on his WSB rivals by setting the pace yet again in the first qualifying session at Phillip Island. The in-form Spaniard made his pace setting 1m 31.577s lap look effortless onboard his Althea Ducati and with similar race pace he remains the odds on favourite for victory on Sunday. The only consolation for his rivals...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 February 2011 07:19)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

Love it

not even a thenth between Bbiaggi in 4th to Fabrizio in 7th

cant wait for the races i think checa will have the edge this weekend but come donnie and monza etc the likes of Rea and Biaggi will be winning hopefully with more winnning from others aswell fingers crossed for a close season

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

the Yoshimura Gixxer is a wildcard aussie rider for just this weekend no doubt could see some wild cards at donnie and silverstone for the BSB guys

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

the gene

,,what amazes me is that how few riders have "the gene" ,, that makes them faster as they get older,, Checa, Biaggi, Corser have it,,. Haga lost it,, Toseland and Xaus don't have it.

Checa is quietly amazing, he was 2 DNFs (miller) and a factory bike away from taking the title last year,, and he's picking up right where he left off,, Proper!

My stupid predictions for the year;

Rea, Biaggi, Haslam, Checa, Camier, Lascorz

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

WSB times

WSB,what a joke.geriatric ex GP riders topping the charts,where are all the fast up n comers,oh,forgot,any rider with an ounce of drive to succeed goes into 125 or Moto 2 GP's.I've said this for yrs,WSB will never produce a rider capable of winning Moto GP,& thats why Britain hasn't had a truely top rider since the '80's.The obsession with BSB &WSB has held back talent for yrs,only Scott Redding,Bradley Smith etc,the lads who had the balls to turn thier backs on the british scene will succeed.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Very competetive field with lots of big buck factory efforts. One second is the difference between hero and zero. Xaus is where I expected him to be on a four year old bike.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Gloves are off in FRR

Melandri in 12th? I hope he finds some speed but not quite enuff to beat my boys Checa and Guintoli. Who is J Waters?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

Sykes

Gutted for sykes, he rode the balls off that bike last season, carried the testing and development effort for the new machine and is way down the time sheets.

Maybe Joan is the better rider on true factory machinery, guess it all comes down to money, politics, contracts and sponsership like so many contributors have suggested on more than one occasion.

Still it's only the first session of a long season, overall i'm pleased its arrived.

Go on Tom - you have alot of support and we want to see you fighting at the front! but they could have given you vermulans bike to show them how its done!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Melandri down in 12th.

He had a crash but I think he will qualify in a better position hopefully love to see a Yamaha battle at the front on Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

whos on what kit?

Just checked the time sheets and the difference is that lascorz is alot quicker than sykes in sectors 2 and 5....

Obviously i'm not a racer but it would be good if the fans knew what level of support the riders are on?

Sykes, lascorz -  laverty, melandri -  haslam, corser, jt - camier, biaggi etc etc

maybe the kwak and yam boys are on identical kit and its down to pure skill? anyway ROCK ON!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

I don't think so.

Yamaha and Kawasaki are on identical kits the R1 is way ahead of the Ninja ZX-10R.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices