Skip to content

Discuss This Vyrus 986 M2: First Moto2 racer for the road New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Vyrus 986 M2: First Moto2 racer for the road

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Vyrus 986 M2: First Moto2 racer for the road

Exotic Italian manufacturer Vyrus is planning a road-going version of its new 986 M2 Factory Moto2 racer - yours for £21,000. The 124bhp, 155kg hand-built 986 M2 SL Replica will go into production by the end of the year. The first shake-down tests for the actual Moto2 racer, which weighs in at just 235kg, are taking place now in Italy. When the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 February 2011 17:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Swanny350

Feb 11

Swanny350 says:

Moto bike for the road

235 Kg? Crikey!!! lol

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Number sold?

Have they sold any more of the other one (985, I think) besides to the Versace kid?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I want to see the Moto2 racer competing

It's been 25 yrs since a funny front end competed in GP's with the ELF. Ah perhaps not. Was there not a Gilera 125 or 250 with a single fork leg in 91/92?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

vyrus could be catching.......

This latest incarnation from Vyrus could definately catch on if only they were more affordable !!

I take it it uses the HONDA CBR 600 RR engine?

Hope it does well if they decide to race it,as this type of bike has never really been developed enough to see the prices fall enough to see them en-mass on  the road.

I know Bimota tried for years with the TESI but the prices were for the RICH ONLY to experience.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Liking this

Very much indeed. One of the areas that sportsbikes have yet to fully exploit are reduced braking dstances. While braking performance and telescopic fork design has improved it, it could be so much better. Hopefully these funny front ends will be a big leap forward for sportsbike performance, just like the Fireblade was for the class back in 1992. It's good to see a manufacturer give it a proper go.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

Vyrus

X2Glider

Tom Cruise owns the big brother version with the 1098R motor, he talked about it while on Top Gear in the UK.

i would love to see a great rider on one of these to see how good they really are. in terms of looks they are just stunning, maybe if this design came from MV, Ducati or Aprilia it could be the next iconic bike after the 916 and MV F4, there is just nothing else like them around at the min. Not sure Vyrus would have the funds to make it big.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

I spose it would be alright if you`re Quasimodo ?

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

21,000!!

For that price and a whole 124bhp...? You could get any of the current Jap 600's and spend the balance on all kinds of tasty extras and probably end up with something only slightly heavier and just as (or even more) powerful. 10k will buy a lot of extras!!! OH yeah, and it's PIG ugly!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices