Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha FZ8R breaks cover New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha FZ8R breaks cover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha FZ8R breaks cover

This picture proves that an uprated Yamaha FZ8R is due in 2012 - although it probably won't go on sale in Britain. It was taken by a photographer from motoblog.fr - apparently during an official visit to Yamaha France's HQ. It boasts uprated fork internals, an Ohlins rear shock, a performance exhaust (thought to be produced by Laser) and revised badging. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 February 2011 17:38)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

FZ 8 R....... NO,NOT AGAIN

Yamaha,what are you doing?:blink:

So,this is the up-dated version of the FZ 800.

Where are the RAD CALS?:mad:

Fair enough,OHLINS SHOCK,SILENCER & internal fork work but the bike doesn't look any better!!!

The Kawasaki Z750 R had minor changes that at first glance you could overlook them.However you soon otice the RAD CALS,BRAIDED BRAKE HOSE AND NEW SWINGARM.

This Yamaha looks the same.The paint work looks dull,the engine looks as though its had a home lacquer job,cheap looking,that's what this bike looks. No way would i buy one,i don't care HOW GOOD it is to ride,sorry,not for £9000.:wacko:

That's a sick joke.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

no matter

"no matter how good it is to ride" STRESSED, sorry old chap, but isn't that a bit shallow? Plus, you'll buy it for less than 9K. Current Yamy (opportunist) prices are for guys that can't bargain. You'll have that for 8K max if you can. Plus, being an "armature" photographer, the colours, do not come out right if you shoot it in a middle of a sunny day, which is seems to be the case in the photo.

Reply to this Topic
TeeJing

Sep 10

TeeJing says:

Really?

I thought I've read about this some 2 weeks ago. It is a special model for France - the Z750 sales high up there, so Y dealer tried to make something as the basic model is a bit of crap. Well at least its suspension is.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Alex L.......Knock,Knock

Alex L.......YES,i stand by that sentiment(personally). I don't care how it rides,yes,it may be shallow,but i'm sure for the money i'd want something more up to date,as for me,the bike is five years out of date for the price Yamaha want for it.Where are the RAD CALS? I have ridden the FZ1 and find it acceptable but no-more than that. As for the price i quoted,i was actually giving a bit of leverage,as by the time it came to these shores,what with the extra goodies fitted,yes,we'd probably be talking nearer £8,899?Remember,the standard fz8 is £7,999, Too much....... Yes,the photographer did get it wrong,most definitely,as the bike looks s**t.:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
catzilla

Mar 11

catzilla says:

Just as well

Probably just as well that it won't go on sale over here - the frogs are welcome to it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices